Had my gastric Sleeve

Philbrow1
on 7/9/14 12:56 pm - Stirling, Canada

An feeling great. 

Sassy75
on 7/9/14 12:58 pm - North York, Canada

Details please!!! So glad to hear you are doing well. Mine is in 32 days!!! 

Philbrow1
on 7/9/14 1:03 pm - Stirling, Canada

It went really well. Went in had my pre op test. Next morning went in an 45 min later I was in recovery. Now I'm home an all is good it didn't hurt an I wasn't sick thought I was going to be but all turned out ok 

Philbrow1
on 7/9/14 5:49 pm - Stirling, Canada

I have no stitches I was surprised. I'm  glued an taped closed. For pain there isn't hardly at all. I had my surgery in Mexico an I was very surprised that there were 6 other canadian's in the waiting room 4 of them including myself were having it on the next day. An 2 of them had it earlier in the week. An the facility was extremely clean an we all talked about that was a huge concern but truth be told it was cleaner then many hospital here in Canada. An the clinic staff were great. I had dry heaves from being put under an in the middle of the night the doctor on night staff. Sat an held my hand reassuring me all was ok an talked me down as I suffer from panic attacks as well. So honestly so far I can't say anything bad about my journey. Just glad I have this web site as I don't have a lot of support here in Ontario   

vizsla_luver
on 7/10/14 8:38 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 08/19/14

Hi there,

WOuld you mind sharing which doctor you saw in Mexico? I am currently on schedule to have an RNY in Toronto, but I feel i would prefer a VSG.

Thanks...

Philbrow1
on 7/10/14 8:48 am - Stirling, Canada

I had my gastric sleeve procedure at the 

Obesity Control Center I highly recommend them. Very nice experience I'm glad I had it done there. They don't over book they have a very nice clinic. The hotel we stayed at was the Marriott an that was very nice service was top line. Pool an exercise room were always clean. An the Resturant had excellent food so my friend enjoyed. I enjoyed looking an the Sunday buffet an entertainment was very enjoyable. Any ?'s I'd be happy to answer if I can. 

startingmynewlife
on 7/11/14 10:51 pm

I just had my sleeve done in ontario. I got to choose which I wanted as I had no other medical concerns other than my weight.

i went with the sleeve as it's less invasive and just as effective.

Done in Ottawa :) I am actually in the hospital now - should be going home today.

Philbrow1
on 7/12/14 2:37 pm - Stirling, Canada

Congratulations I'm glad everything went well. Enjoy the new journey  

Most Active
Recent Topics