Let's do lunch!

Karen M.
on 7/21/14 5:34 am - Mississauga, Canada

It's been quite some time since I organized an OH meal for us to get together! In the past we've had breakfast, brunch, lunch and dinner get-togethers which were hugely successful and a lot of fun. It's wonderful to get caught up with people we know, meet board friends in person, and make new friends on the same path - not to mention a great time to practice eating out and enjoy a great meal together.

Absolutely EVERYONE is welcome to join - and bring your spouse, friend, kid, brother, whomever you would like to join us. Pre-op, post-op, early-out, old-timers.... this is a time to meet others and expand your support network.

To this end, I am looking at August and early September dates on a Saturday or Sunday (I like to give people lots of time to figure out what works best for the majority). The weekend of August 9/10, 16/17, 23/24. 30/31, September 6/7, 13/14 are dates that I would appreciate feedback on. Please let me know if you are interested in attending and which date(s) work best for you. We've had upward of 35 people at some of our get-togethers and I'll need to make an appropriate reservation with lots of notice.

The lunch will be held at The Clarkson Pump and Patio, which is 1744 Lakeshore Road West in Mississauga. They have been extremely accommodating to us in the past and have a fabulous menu with something for everyone. If you are on Optifast, YOU ARE STILL WELCOME. The purpose of lunch is the company, not the food. If you feel you can manage it, please join us.

Here is a link to the menu: Clarkson Pump menu

Please let me know:

1. If you are interested in attending;

2. What date(s) work best for you.

Please contact me if you have any questions, concerns or otherwise!

Looking forward to hearing from you and REALLY looking forward to seeing you!

Best,

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

kellybelly333
on 7/21/14 5:55 am - Toronto, Canada

I can do the 6/7 :-)

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Dale B.
on 7/21/14 6:14 am - Canada

I would love to come, but would have to be on a Saturday, I work on Sundays and evenings during the week, so can't make the coffee meetup either.

Any Saturday works for me except Aug 30.

Dale

Dale-Referral: October/12 ~ Orientation: January 2/13 ~ Nurse Practitioner:  May 7/13 Social Worker: May 7/13 ~ Sleep Test: May 23/13 ~ Nutrition Class: May 28/13 Nutrition Assess: May 31/13~ Psychologist: June 24/13 ~ Surgeon: August 9/13 ~ Pre-OP: August 28,2013Surgery Date: September 12/13        

Patm
on 7/21/14 6:23 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I love your lunches Karen.

I am available August 23 and Sept 6/7

Hope you can find a good date

Kwelbru
on 7/21/14 8:27 pm - Canada

Any Sunday is fine.  

Please post directions form the go train .  

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Karen M.
on 7/21/14 11:03 pm, edited 7/21/14 11:06 pm - Mississauga, Canada

From the GO at Clarkson:

Cab (905-274-4444) - would cost you about $6 - 7

Bus (Mississauga Transit) - take route 23 East-bound, get off at Clarkson Rd (right in front of the restaurant) - cost $3.25, but I believe it's discounted if you have a train ticket

Thanks for reminding me to post directions - I forgot! :)

Edited to add: If you take the bus, ask for a transfer. The transfer is good for 2 hours and can be used to take the bus back to the GO within that time limit.

Karen

Kwelbru
on 7/22/14 8:13 am - Canada

Thanks Karen.  I'll be there any day is workable.  

SURGERY @ HRRH with Dr STARR on May 23/14 >>ORIENTATION WEIGHT 372lbs // OPTIFAST START WEIGHT 334lbs // SURGERY WEIGHT  319 lbs  // 3 MOS POST-OP 261lbs

Karen M.
on 7/22/14 9:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

You're most welcome! I hope we can work out a date that you can attend :)

Karen

dawn4511
on 7/21/14 11:51 pm - Niagara Falls, Canada
Any September date would work for me .

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Lolabug
on 7/22/14 2:35 am - Canada
RNY on 07/23/13

Hi Karen, Any September date would work great.

August 16 is the Burlington group's meeting FYI.

For those that have never been, this is a FUN outing!

Most Active
Recent Topics