What did you find was the hardest appointment?

(deactivated member)
on 7/30/14 6:38 am - Toronto, Canada

I have my psychology appointment this Friday, and I am thinking this might be the toughest one yet. I pretty much bawled at the social worker appointment, mostly when she asked me why I wanted to do this. Its hard not to get emotional, its such a private thing to talk about openly with a stranger.

Will the psych appointment be much different than the social worker appointment?

Thanks as always for the feedback!

Referral sent- April 9th/14 Orientation TWH- June 25th/14  Social Worker- July 9th/14  Nurse Practitioner- July 30th/14 Psychometry- August 1st/ 14  Nutrition Class- August 25th/14  Nutrition Assessment- Sept 15th/ 2014  Meet Surgeon - TBA Surgery Date -TBA

Seyenna
on 7/30/14 9:47 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I have my appointments with the social worker, RN and dietitian tomorrow so I will let you know! lol

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/14 6:01 am - Toronto, Canada

Hope they all went well for you!!

Monica M.
on 7/30/14 10:24 pm - Penetanguishene, Canada

i didnt find any of them difficult. I was open and honest. Sometimes these things are easier to talk about with a stranger, than with someone you know.

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/14 5:59 am - Toronto, Canada

Really? I found it difficult, I guess because I have always been one of those people who pretends to have it all together, and didn't really show that the weight affected me.

KerryF.
on 7/30/14 10:38 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I agree with Monica  I went into these meetings thinking thank god I can finally be honest with someone about how I feel about my obesity..... it was like cleaning out my head closet. and nothing shocked any of them!!

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/14 6:00 am - Toronto, Canada

I hear what you are saying, in feeling it had 'cleaned out your head' closet. I did feel something along those lines when it was over as well. 

:)

Most Active
Recent Topics