Tender tummy

Sassy75
on 8/25/14 1:37 am - North York, Canada

Hi guys, 

As of today I am 2 weeks post op. I woke up today (on my side) and noticed that I am tender in my tummy. Not on the surface. It actually feels like inside my tummy. It is sore. Not pain really but sore and looks like a little swelling on my tummy.  I have no other symptoms.... Has this happened to anyone? I wonder if it is something I should be concerned with or just normal. Oh, and I also had the sleeve. 

Julie99
on 8/25/14 2:41 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

No advise, just hope someone can help you out. If ever in doubt, call the center and tell them your symptoms. Best of luck! 

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

LittleMiss2013
on 8/25/14 5:15 am - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I would say unless you get a fever, or start having over the top strong pain.....it's pretty normal. You are only 2 weeks post op and it takes about 6-8 weeks to heal. They went through muscle tissue and everything so tender and sore are super normal at this stage. You very likely slept on a spot that is sore inside and ticked it off a little. Your aches and pains can shift from spot to spot or just all over sore for the next couple of weeks. Many people complain about a pain on he left side post op....mine was on the right and man was it sore. Felt like I had been kicked by a mule! lol

It will get better slowly. Take it easy, get some rest, and if you get a fever 101 or higher... or the pain gets bad...call your surgeon or go to the ER (preferably of the hospital where you had your surgery). Good luck =)

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sassy75
on 8/25/14 6:04 am - North York, Canada

Thank you ladies for the replies :) 

I am always the pessimist so I appreciate the feedback :)  

Most Active
Recent Topics