Macro Nutrient Breakdown? What should my Calories & Carbs look like?

redviking
on 8/25/14 1:48 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

Frustratingly for a math geek like me, the program in Guelph only provides portion sizes and Protein Goals.  I really want to make sure I'm eating as clean as possible and that I'm using my calories for good, not evil! :)  My goal for Protein is 60-80g a day.   I just started this phase last week, so I'm not quite eating enough yet, but I know that my fear of calories and carbs is holding me back.  I'm currently getting about 50g of protein and 600-700 Calories a day.  What should my guidelines for Calories and Carbs be to keep my macros working for me and not against me?  

HW 279  SW 267  CW 245

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Karen M.
on 8/25/14 8:58 am - Mississauga, Canada

I never counted calories at all. The only reason I know how many calories I eat per day is because myfitnesspal tells me in the totals. lol The only things I tracked and truly kept track of were protein, carbs, and fat. I didn't ingest any refined sugar and kept anything I ate with natural sugars under 7 grams per serving. That being said, when I was in an active losing phase, I got at least 80g protein per day, tried to stick to less than 40g carbs per day and ate low fat (without really tracking, was just sensible about it).

I really wouldn't worry about the calories at this point - your real goals are to get high protein, low carb.

K.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 8/25/14 10:49 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Karen has given you good advise. When I was at your stage my main focus was protein and low carbs. I stayed away from any refined carbs and kept my sugars low like Karen. It is pretty hard in the beginning to get too many calories unless you are eating crap

Good luck

crqvingchange
on 8/25/14 9:08 pm

Hi Sonja.  Why not join the What are you eating/doing thread.  The vets post there and you can see what people with different post-op times are eating.  You were the 22nd from and I was on the 17th of July so we are not that far apart.

Most Active
Recent Topics