Post op Appointments at TWH

Blueiiis
on 8/25/14 10:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

For those who have gone through TWH for your surgery - what do your post on appointments look like? So far I have one 6 weeks after surgery and was told it was a group appointment and that's it. Do we meet with the surgeon at some point? What about bloodwork? 

I have left a message at the centre but it takes time for them to respond so thought I would check here as well!

Patm
on 8/25/14 11:05 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

They have changed it since I was at this stage. But they did not do labs until 6mths and then every year after. I have never seen my surgeon since 10 minutes before the surgery. Unless you have an issue you will see the nurse practitioner.

I now have labs done in between by my gp

KerryF.
on 8/26/14 3:03 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

So far I've been given a requisition form for the labs at every visit to be completed 21 days before the next booked appointment.  appointments aren't being done on time of course  My 3 months was at 5 months  my 6months was at 8 months and my 1 year will be Dec  17th or 18th I think and October 15th would be a year so it will be two months late on that one...... but I have the requisition form already to do the first of December

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

sabrinastrength
on 8/27/14 2:49 am - Canada
Same here as Kerry wrote.

My 3 months was at 5 months, my 6 months was at almost 9 months and my 1 year will be at about 14 months. They try to lump all the appointments into one day as to avoid having to come back multiple times. My 1 yr appointment is coming up in October and my surgery was in August last year.

They ask you to complete blood work 3-4 weeks before your appointment to ensure all tests are back by your appointment. They will give the req for each at the appointment before.

The nutrition class at about 2 months post-op is a group class. They might have changed that time frame, but mine ended being about 3 months post.

No additional surgeon appointment unless they ask you for one.

Hope that helps!

Highest Weight Pre-Op: 346lbs;. Surgery Weight: 330lbs; Current Weight: 204lbs
Surgery: Aug 2, 2013

Most Active
Recent Topics