Lifting...work

Swampy1976
on 8/26/14 8:28 pm - Marmora, Canada

Wondering how long you waited to lift how much weight?  Eg. lifting 60 lbs is a requirement at work.

Karen M.
on 8/26/14 8:59 pm - Mississauga, Canada

That's really a question for your surgeon. I think you'll find it will be quite some time before you would be cleared to lift that much weight without possible injury. Good question.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Swampy1976
on 8/26/14 11:37 pm - Marmora, Canada

I thought it was a good topic for people to talk about... I was so surprised at my 6 week post op class, that people were given Dr notes for light duty until Oct 20/14 and they had surgery mid July. They stressed not much more that 10lbs as they are very concerned about possible hernias. 

Delicious_Delilah
on 8/27/14 12:17 am - Ottawa, Canada

I got cleared for weight training at eight weeks, post-gastric bypass.  I just had recent hernia surgery, and they've given me the all clear to resume gym activities, including lifting/ weight training at six weeks. For my own comfort level, I will be starting out slowly with primarily cardio and lighter weights for the first two weeks, then resume my heavy lifting routine at eight weeks. 

You should, however, check with your Centre. Everyone is different. 

DD

pegawatt
on 8/27/14 11:03 am - Canada

I was at my 1 month post op appt. today and they said 4-6 months before any heavy lifting and core excersices or abdominal work outs.

Most Active
Recent Topics