Puréed diet - Yippee!

Blueiiis
on 8/26/14 11:19 pm - Mississauga, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

Two weeks out, today I am able to start puréed foods.... And while I look forward to having more variety in my diet, I am a little nervous.  On the plus side, it is my birthday today and instead of having a big fancy meal, I will be celebrating by trying mashed potatoes tonight lol.

What was/is your favorite puréed food? Yes, I know about the recipe forum and the Eggface blog, am still looking for suggestions. 

TES
on 8/26/14 11:52 pm - Ottawa, Canada

I loved hummus and white beans blended into homemade tomato sauce (with lots of spices).  Cottage cheese was also an easy go-to food, that was always accepted by the new mini-tummy.  :) 

Enjoy having more flavours ... everything tastes SO GOOD after weeks of Optifast and liquids.  :)

TES

Karen M.
on 8/26/14 11:58 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Happy Birthday!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

KerryF.
on 8/27/14 12:07 am - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  I lived on those little cans of devilled ham that is already a puréed meat  during that stage

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

Julie99
on 8/27/14 3:01 am - Ottawa, Canada
RNY on 08/11/14

I'm two weeks as well. For myself, this is what I tried so far: greek yogourt, applesauce, high prot. Mashed potato/ bean with unfl. Prot and a little gravy, carrots, ricotta cheese/spagt. Sauce with unflav. Protein, soups with unfl. Prot. And today I had my first egg/salsa/milk for breakfast. Aspen told me to start pureed meat a little. It is scary!  Take it slow and see how it goes. I take 30/1 hour for each meal.

Referral: June 26, 2013  Confirmation: July 4, 2013  Orientation(OWMC) Sept.13, 2013  Nurse: Dec. 3, 2013  Nut/Beh: Jan. 28, 2014  Pre-surgical class: Feb. 26, 2014  Meet Surgeon: March 18, 2014  PAU: July 11, 2014  Surgery with Dr. Yelle: Aug. 11, 2014              

dawn4511
on 8/27/14 3:53 am - Niagara Falls, Canada
Happy Birthday enjoy your mashed potatoes .

10/18/07 RNY ( hw 305 sw 290 lw 189ish) St Joe's 08/14/14 RNY reversal to sleeve. I survived 3 leaks,4 operations and a feeding tube.

Zizzler
on 8/27/14 4:52 am

Favourite puree was pureed lean meatballs with potato and white bean puree. Added a little broth to keep the meatballs moist.  Also really liked purees of cooked vegetables prepared the same way - with white bean and broth.  The bean is a great way to keep you regular.

Highest: 320, Surgery: 255 (Aug/14), Lowest: 132, Current: 167, Goal: 155

Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards. - Soren Kierkegaard

Hollynik
on 8/27/14 5:42 am - Canada

I'm on pureed foods too and so far my favourite has been refried beans mixed with pureed salsa and a bit of cheese then heated up.  I also have found fish (salmon & mahi mahi) very easy to eat, it flakes well and mashes to pureed with chewing it well.

HelenT
on 8/27/14 5:52 am

The ricotta bake from eggface was delicious. It does make quite a bit so you will have it for 3-4 days, non stop!

I also liked chilli with shredded low fat cheese melted in it. My NUT recommended Wendy's small chilli. It's good! If you get it without the cheese and then put your own on when you get home.

I also bought a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. I cut it up into small cubes and put it into 2 oz. containers. (some I left whole for my husband/daughter to eat) Then, you grab one of the containers and puree it with a little bit of gravy or broth. Add salt/pepper if it's boring.

Make sure you eat very slowly. That was my downfall in this stage. I was excited to be past the liquids and I ate a bit too fast. I burped when I felt full and that's when I stopped eating.

Good Luck!

Helen

Most Active
Recent Topics