What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

Patm
on 8/26/14 11:05 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. I am tired today. We went for a short bike ride yesterday then swimming. I am having company Thursday. I tend to do a mini Spring cleaning when people come. I am actually getting tired and have a lot more to do.

Today is shopping and prepping some food. I will pre-make some baked beans. They tasted better last time after being re-heated.

My husband has gone on the defensive against hornets in our yard. To be fair to him they have been really bad when we have eaten outside and one stung him. So we now have 4 hornet traps. I showed him a paper hornet nest which is suppose to make them think other hornets are in the area. We have two of these up. Yesterday he finally lost it by buying a bug zapper. He has come to his senses and realized it will not get rid of the hornets. We have a really small yard and all this stuff does seem over kill!

On the plus side I have been careful with my eating and am down another lb. I gained 10 lbs last winter and have been yo-yoing a couple of lbs all summer. Now down 4. Would be great if I could keep it off

B greek yogurt, granola

S bran muffin

L ham, cheese roll-up, dessert yogurt

S skim milk, protein powder, peach

D salmon pattie, cabbage salad, green beans

S not sure yet but have calories available

Cal 893, carb 76, prot 107

Karen M.
on 8/26/14 11:10 pm, edited 8/26/14 11:13 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Going to be another gorgeous day out there! I'm cherishing every last bit of summer I can get and dreading the thought of cold weather. Have a few errands to run today (which I'll walk to, gotta get my steps up) and the car search continues. While it's fun to research cars and rather exciting to be planning a purchase, I'm a little overwhelmed with choices. lol Any and all recommendations very welcome!!

Holding off 'til Friday to do a big shop and my fridge is starting to look a little barren of fresh stuff - leftovers, clean out the fridge meals and raiding the over-full freezer for the rest of the week.

Pat - GOOD FOR YOU! Losing at this stage is not easy - you're doing a great job! I laughed a little about your husband "losing it" on the wasps. They're only going to get worse as September nears. I hope the zapper works!

8 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Source Greek 50 mandarin (fabulous), vanilla Premier shake

S - 1 slice whole grain and seeds toast, 2 oz old cheddar, garden tomato

L - 4 oz tuna salad (tuna, full-fat mayo, green onion) stuffed in a halved small sweet pepper from the garden, peach

S - Source Greek 50 key lime, Chike protein iced coffee

D - leftover meat/veggie sauce with a little pasta mixed in (about a cup), grated parm

S - not sure yet, but a decaf with cream for sure

Have a great day!

K.

Edited to add: When I was posting this, I saw a post from "Happypants" - weird OH glitch?

Never mind, I wasn't seeing things, there IS a post on yesterday's thread

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 8/26/14 11:38 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

We love our Elantra by hyundai. It did really well in the ratings. Ford Focus designed there car with senors in mind for easy access.

Good luck with picking. When we were choosing I went out to see how easy they were to get in and out of. I have hip and back issues and wanted to make sure they were easy access.

Karen M.
on 8/26/14 11:43 pm - Mississauga, Canada

That makes a lot of sense, thank you. My last car rode and drove like a sports car - low rider and hard to get in and out of at the best of times. I'll keep that in mind.

Karen

crqvingchange
on 8/27/14 12:14 am

Good morning.  A very late start to the day for me.  Pat send your husband to go crazy on the mosquitoes in our yard.  Forget dawn and dusk, they will bite any time of the day, I have to spray myself to do weeding in the garden.  I love breezy days because they won't bother me.  No swimming today, a little stiff, I may go walking later.  Karen we enjoy our Mazda hatchback, it is surprisingly roomy.

5 weeks post-op

B. cream of wheat and a large decaf with sweetener

S. protein pancake with a little peanut butter and sugar free jam (this is a leftover that I will have cold)

L. turkey, swiss, and fresh tomato rollup.  This will be my first time trying deli turkey.

S. Syntrax cappuccino protein coffee

D. Homestyle Simple chicken chilli with low fat sour cream

S. Greek 50 yogurt mango

Have a  good day. 

Karen M.
on 8/27/14 12:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

My last car was a Mazda 3 Sport GT - great mileage, roomy for a "sports car" but such a low-rider! Getting out of it was never graceful, especially in a dress. LOL

Karen

Delicious_Delilah
on 8/27/14 12:26 am - Ottawa, Canada

Wi**** were a beautiful day here!  I'm visiting my parents in Timmins, and it is decidedly chilly here!!  Looking forward to returning to Ottawa!

Car suggestions:  I love my VW GTI (if you want a hint if sporty and some pep to your car), or you can go with a VW Golf for less sporty, but nice vehicle nonetheless.  That's my plug for VW!

Have fun shopping!

DD

Karen M.
on 8/27/14 1:21 am - Mississauga, Canada

I love VW too - drove a Jetta for 10 years. I've been looking at those too :)

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 8/27/14 2:09 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

It's not cold here, I'm wearing shorts and a t-shirt, you have just wimped out after moving south.  This is a heat wave LOL

Karen M.
on 8/27/14 2:21 am - Mississauga, Canada

I showed great restraint in commenting when I saw she was in Timmins. Figured you'd have a reply. lol

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics