first optifast shake

mellabella115
on 9/17/14 9:05 pm - North York, Canada

Morning all...today is my first day of optifast.  I just had my first shake for breakfast i decided to try the vanilla first and honestly it wasn't too bad.  I blended it with ice and it got a little frothy ...i have 3 weeks of experimenting lol...so my problem is my schedule. ..i works midnights but on my off days im on a regular schedule so spreading the 4 shakes out will be a challenge. ..

Question, on the paper i received from HRRH about the optifast it says we can eat certain veggies...just curious if anyone did that ? Also if anyone had anything else like soup broth and such...please let me know :)

Anyone else who did 3 weeks on optifast just curious how much weight you lost while on it

Needanewbeginning
on 9/17/14 9:48 pm - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Good luck! I was on it for three weeks as well. After week one, it's was not bad at all. I also was at HRRH. I was allowed a cup of broccoli or cucumber or green peas. I would put peas in my consume, felt more like a soup than a warm drink 😉

Good luck, your almost there! Your journey has begun! 

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

caramilk016
on 9/17/14 10:42 pm - Mississauga , Canada
RNY on 10/22/14

I start mine next week. With TWH we were given a recipe list for optifast. Different flavours you can add to mix up your day. We were told we're allowed broth, diet drinks, sugar free jello and sugar free popsicles. 

Hollynik
on 9/18/14 1:48 am - Canada

I was through HRRH too and I think we could have broccoli, celery, lettuce, cucumber and green pepper.  I was allowed 2 cups but up to 3 if I needed it. After about a week on opti I felt like I needed something savoury so I cooked broccoli in chicken broth and pureed it so it was like broccoli soup without the cheese.  It hit the spot and I would do this every few days to cut the sweet shakes.  I also would have a snack each night of either celery or cucumber in vinegar (my favourite).  I was on opti for 4 weeks and lost 32lbs and I was also one of the weird ones who liked opti and actually the vanilla with strawberry flavouring was my favourite.  Good luck to you.

Jiliana2
on 9/18/14 4:05 am - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Congrats on the first day of Opti! You'll do great, I'm sure.

There are a lot of Opti recipes out there. There's a list of them in the Ontario Group at http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/discussion/ 4267118/Surviving-Optifast/. You may have to join the group first to have access though.

I had three weeks of Opti but I am in Ottawa. I had both vanilla and chocolate and used a few flavourings with them both at times, when I wanted to change the taste. I also had some broth (about 1 cup) and the occasional SF popsicle or a cup of decaf tea. We are not allowed veggies in Ottawa... and only 20 extra calories per day.

I can tell you that I lost 26 lbs in the three weeks on Opti. I was thrilled with such a great beginning to this journey. I continue to be amazed and shocked at how quickly these changes happen. Follow your doc's plan and you will do beautifully!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

mellabella115
on 9/18/14 4:47 am - North York, Canada

Thanks everyone for your replies. ..im gonna check out that recipe section and get creative lol im also hoping to drop a few pounds in the 3 weeks :)

Sonya_Luvs_Greys
on 9/18/14 4:47 am - Etobicoke, Canada

I'm on my .. ummm .. 22nd day of Opti and 18 to go. LOL. 6 weeks -- holla!

Your best friends will be the following:

- Magic bullet (p.s. I hated this appliance til now .. finally found something it's good at)
- DaVinci Chocolate SF

mellabella115
on 9/18/14 4:54 am - North York, Canada

6 weeks...thats gotta suck but your more than half way there good for you! As far as the magic bullet i got one still in the box lol but i use the gnc one same thing i guess...and i bought the davinci white chocolate sf of course but it doesn't taste like white chocolate lol but my question is how many hours are between shakes?  

Sonya_Luvs_Greys
on 9/18/14 5:13 am - Etobicoke, Canada

I do one at 8:30 AM, 12:30 PM, 5 PM and 7:30 PM -- and jello. Lots of jello. LOL.

Week one was bad. Weekend one was like .. me in tears thinking about going to Wendy's. (Can't wait to tell that story a year from now). But by week 3, you'll be laughing. The key is to make the shakes tasty and use a LOT of ice so you get a great thick milkshake going. :)

Catw
on 9/18/14 5:15 am - Arnprior, Canada

Depends on what your daily schedule is like.  I was having mine 4 hours apart, and a jello after that (6:30 am, 10:30 am, 2:30 pm, 6:30 pm, then a jello).  But my day started early, and ended early.  In between I'd have at least a bottle of Crystal Light Iced Tea, if not more.

Cathy

Most Active
Recent Topics