Makes no sense to me

Lima
on 9/18/14 3:30 pm

I really can't understand why different centers have different rules for the pre op diet. Some people can have celery, cucumber etc and yet other only SF jello and broth. The results are all the same in the end. Makes no sense to me. A piece of cucumber would be heavenly right about now. Just saying. 

(deactivated member)
on 9/18/14 6:15 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I wish wish my center allowed cucumber and celery :( I wondered the same thing...Throwing celery in broth, would almost feel like a soup.

KerryF.
on 9/18/14 7:25 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

I told myself (not sure how true but made me feel better) that because O.H.I.P is funding this Bariatric program each centre is still trying to prove to them what format is most effective. and we are all just part of a big study group. The group you were put in was based on the hospital you were slotted to and well for me I just wanted my hospital's stats to be the best results so followed their rules to the letter to help them achieve that.    (all in the mindset I guess)

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

redviking
on 9/19/14 12:29 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I think you are exactly right.  But I also know that the individual surgeons have their own preferences based on their experiences too. 

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

19star71
on 9/19/14 12:00 am

My guess would be that each centre has a specific doctor in charge and he/she makes the rules as to what they deem to be the best or most effective.

Much like going to 2 different doctors for the same problem and having them choosing different prescriptions to cure it. Both will work. Just depends on what each doctor has had better results with. :)

Surgery done by Dr Gmora at St. Joe's in Hamilton. Feb 3/14-- Pre opti weight: 327. Feb 19th --Day of Surgery weight: 308.  Current weight :175

Poppios
on 9/19/14 12:52 am
I went through Guelph, I was told no cucumber/Celery/Whatever. I ate some cucumber anyways. I lost 34 pounds on Opti and my surgeon was super excited when he found out. Worked out great for me, might not for everyone. I would cucumber again.

(deactivated member)
on 9/19/14 7:07 am

I went through Guelph as well, and I followed the rules step by step. My commitment to the pre op diet was just the beginning of my commitment to post op,, Down 124 pound since Feb, it called commitment. If you dont follow your clinics plan you are only hurting yourself

Most Active
Recent Topics