Gallbladder surgery aftet RNY surgery Diet

tgiles2013
on 9/18/14 7:56 pm - Canada

After many, many tests and doc appointments I am scheduled to have my Gallbladder removed next Thursday. I also have a pre op appointment on Monday. I plan to do my grocery shopping on Saturday so I can keep the fridge and cupboards full following my gallbladder surgery. I do not nor have I been told (as of yet) what I need to eat in the first couple of weeks/months post gallbladder removal . I understand my diet for life will not change from the way I balance and eat my meals  However  I am curious now that I am almost a year post RNY surgery will my diet change for the first few weeks/months of post gallbladder surgery  If anyone has had experience in this   please let me know

Troy  

hmnmr
on 9/18/14 8:11 pm - Orangeville, Canada

Great question.. I am also one year post rny and I am having my gallbladder out on Tuesday and the doctor hasn't said anything about diet so I am curious to see what other people say

Dee

Leanne1
on 9/18/14 9:05 pm, edited 9/18/14 9:07 pm - Newmarket, Canada

They usually say to have full fluids (soups, yoguar****er etc; nothing heavy) for a day or so then resume your regular meal plan.

I had my gall bladder out 8weeks after my RNY

who is doing your surgery?

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

tgiles2013
on 9/18/14 9:15 pm - Canada

Dr Neville ,Ottawa. Is doing the surgery.

Did you get admitted for a night or two ? I was told it might be just a day surgery 

Troy

Zizzler
on 9/19/14 11:02 am

Dr. Neville is great, you are in good hands!

Catw
on 9/19/14 2:25 am - Arnprior, Canada

I had my Gallblader out pre-WLS.  I was in for 2 nights due to my weight, but most would out the next day.  I'm not sure if it's now day surgery or not, but it could also depend on the time of your surgery too.  When I left the hospital then, I was told I could eat anything I could tolerate.  I wasn't given a special diet at all.

Have a good surgery!

Cathy

Karen M.
on 9/19/14 4:11 am - Mississauga, Canada

I had gallbladder surgery 2 years post-op, almost to the day. It was day surgery, home by 1 pm and it was a piece of cake surgery. I ate light for the remainder of that day (don't remember exactly what as it was a long time ago) and resumed regular eating the next day. No need to change your diet unless otherwise instructed.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine - and I sincerely hope this finally brings you some relief!

Karen

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics