I met EGGFACE!!!!

Zavz
on 9/29/14 10:13 am - Canada

This past weekend i went to the www.YWMConvention.com in Orlando.

1. Did not need a seat belt extender on the flight.

2. Went to Universal Studios and walked and walk and walked with no problems AND fit on 99% of the rides!  Downside, there wasn't much food to chose from.

3. Went shopping at outlets, bought size 20 tops and 24 bottoms which shocked me (nine months ago I was wearing size 30 and even on the way there i was wearing 28's) So I actually look slimmer now that i am wearing clothes that fit

4.  While at the conference i got to meet Michelle from The World According to Eggface! She was super nice and really busy but still took the time to stop and meet me when she was told i was a fan.  I also met The Bariatric Foodie and was interviewed with her by Rob from Former Fat Dudes.  The conference was fantastic. i got literally a suitcase full of free samples. Everything from protein bars to vitamins.  Really informative seminars. Lunch had everything listed with the stats and was served in the PERFECT portion size, the ultimate in stress free eating.

Next year the conference will be in San Antonio Texas and Michelle (Eggface) will be the chair.  I highly recommend it to anyone interested.

Carrie

Needanewbeginning
on 9/29/14 10:37 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Wow, sounds fantastic, congrats on your new wardrobe as well! You must not only look great but feel fantastic! How wonderful to meet Shelley! 

Wtg!!

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Zizzler
on 9/29/14 10:46 am

Wow that sounds awesome, I love Eggface's website!

kristaeb
on 9/29/14 10:34 pm

I love her site..And congrats to you...Krista..

Refered Jan 15/13..Surgery June 27/13 , Dr Hagan.

Karen M.
on 9/30/14 12:51 am, edited 9/30/14 1:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm glad you had such a good time, Carrie! You had some pretty awesome NSVs on your trip - good for you!

Other than meeting Shelley, etc, did you find the conference useful? Informative? I am considering attending a YWM conference in the future.

Karen

Edited to add: I read the agenda for the conference - which sessions did you attend? Also, are you an OAC member? I noticed that there is an "international membership" that has a higher fee?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zavz
on 9/30/14 8:39 am - Canada

No i am not a member. The conference was really well run. There was a seminar on Food Addiction that was excellent.  The only disappointment was lunch with the expert.  i didnt get my 1st or 2nd choice and the expert was a dietitian for children and didn't seem to clue in none of us seemed to have kids 

Karen M.
on 9/30/14 8:55 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Yeah, that would be quite disappointing! I guess you have to sign up pretty early to ensure you get the seminars you're interested in. In looking over the conference agenda, they had SEVERAL interesting sessions (would have been difficult to choose just a couple) and very qualified presenters. The presenter's qualifications mean a lot to me - it's one thing to talk about food addiction or cross or transfer-addiction because you have an interest in it, a totally different and more valuable session when you have some education and science behind it! On that same note, I was impressed with the speakers - I would have enjoyed hearing/meeting Dr. Sharma, to name but only one.

Really glad you had such a good time! And thank you for the extra information.

Karen :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics