UGH BMI

(deactivated member)
on 10/28/14 8:52 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Cannot believe I have to lose 67 more pounds to get out of the obese category! I currently weigh 236lbs, I am 5ft3. I would have to weigh 169lbs to be no longer considered obese. I remember weighing 169 WAY back in my late teens, I was small. Just ridiculous. I knew I shouldn't have checked the BMI thing this morning. Knowing I have to lose 67lbs before I am no longer considered obese, is not motivating. That number seems so far away. 

KerryF.
on 10/28/14 9:18 pm - Brampton, ON, Canada
RNY on 10/15/13

Yes that number seems far away BUT YOU ARE ON YOUR WAY!!  2 weeks ago you weren't

HW 312  SW 289.5  Current Weight 135

SURGERY OCTOBER 15, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital - Dr. David Urbach  

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 1:05 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

This is true! Thanks :)

jaxie77
on 10/28/14 9:27 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey doll ,

Ok ...big deep breath ! Think of how much you have lost already , and focus on that . Who cares about the obese BMI chart or whatever it is !!! The fact is , you have done this , you are only a week or so out , and you are well on your way to losing a LOT of weight ....you may even surpass your teenage years weight !!!! You are doing soooooo well chicky , in such a short space of time you have lost 1 3rd of what u need to lose to get past this number in your head . And we all know how fast time flies right ? So , give yourself a wee pat on the back , say " I am Jennifer and I am frikkin awesome " ....and get back to being strong and confident and rocking this ! Just focus what is happening and enjoy that . 

And please ....remember to send me this same post back when I'm freaking out about the same thing in a few months !!

Feel better dear , honestly you are doing so great and coping so well with everything . , keep going and keep inspiring me ! 

Hugs 

Jax xx

Darbaybe_2014
on 10/28/14 10:08 pm - Kitchener, Canada

Hi Jenn, 

You are doing amazing !  Remember it is not about the number. It is really about how you feel inside and out. Having more energy and more confidence in yourself.  I bet even now you are feeling more comfortable in your body and your clothes are fitting better....all those are good that having nothing to do with the numbers or the BMI....Bottom line...I know  You will get there!

I am thinking about you and sending lots of good thoughts.... and as a pre surgery member I appreciate all your posts....I don't always have time to respond but I read them and have kept up with your process...you are an inspiration....wonderful attitude and very honest with your journey.

Huggs

Darlene

Referral to Guelph:  January 2014 ~ Orientation Guelph: April 24.14~ Meet Nurse: June 03.14, August 28.14 ~ Meet SW: June 16.14 & Aug.28.14 & Feb.09.15   ~ Meet Dietician: June 16.14, August 28.14 & Nov.19.14~  Dec.31.14 & Feb.05.15 Meet Internist Dr Agarwal: Sept.28.14 ~ Post Op Nutrition class: March 16.2015  Meet Surgeon: April 16.15 ~ Approved for surgery: April 16.15 ~  Surgery Date: July 14.15 ~ Started Opti:  July 07.14~ Opti Starting weight: TBD~ Surgery weight: TBD ~ Goal weight: 150  

(deactivated member)
on 11/1/14 6:00 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you so much Darlene! I am already starting to feel my confidence level rise, it feels great  And I get the not always having time to respond! Thanks again for the encouraging words!

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 1:06 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Awe Jaxie, you always have the best things to say. You are such a good support to me!!! Thank you as always. 

Jiliana2
on 10/28/14 10:28 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

Oh I hear you on this. So loud and clear!

I am 5 ft 5 inches. For me to get out of the "obese" category, I need to weigh 179. I think I'm 4 lbs away from that, but weight loss has slowed considerably now that I'm almost 9 months post-op.

However, I knew that I would need to get to 179 back when I weighed 297 at the start of this journey. That's 118 lbs to lose. Believe me, that number looked REALLY FAR AWAY for me; like, impossibly so! And like you, I felt like I was beating my head against the proverbial brick wall.

But look at it. Now, almost 9 months later, I'm almost there. I can see it on the horizon. I'm going to make it. I WILL MAKE IT. And you know something Jen? YOU WILL TOO! I am sure of it.

Keep your head in the game. Follow your plan. Don't obsess about the numbers, just focus on how you feel and the NSVs that happen along the way. All of those will help you get there. And hang on. This ride is completely wild... better than any rollercoaster I've ever ridden!!!!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

(deactivated member)
on 10/29/14 1:07 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

You've done amazing! I hope to have the same success. Thank you for the encouragement! 

Karen M.
on 10/28/14 11:21 pm, edited 10/28/14 11:22 pm - Mississauga, Canada

You are worried about your BMI goal at 9 days post-op?

I too am 5'3". My surgery weight was 290 pounds. It took me well into my third year to reach 130 pounds, or there about, to be what I considered a "goal weight". I can't imagine the pure hell I would have been living for 3 years if I had been so focused on numbers instead of health successes. And my body didn't stop there - today I weigh 118-120 pounds with normal fluctuations at nearly 9 years post-op. Marathon, sprint - consider this.

Jennifer, I say this with respect and care but damn girl, you are making your "journey" a very long one when it doesn't have to be. Have some faith in your surgery and your ability to follow plan and it will happen, no faster nor slower than it would have without that faith.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Most Active
Recent Topics