Date ? check !!!

jaxie77
on 10/31/14 2:59 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey all , 

Hope everyone is having a nice day and gearing themselves up for tonight's candy dodging !!! I bought those edible bracelet things , lollipops and other little daft sweeties that I have no interest in , so all I have to dodge is what my boy brings in :( ......but he's getting to big and wise for me to rob him now anyway !! Lol 

Anyway , happy to say I got my surgery date this morning ! December 16th at 8 am  And you may have read already that I share it with my lovely buddy from here , Seyenna .... so that for me is awesome . I just said to her earlier , how crazy is it that when we * met * on here and started chatting , many months ago , we said " how cool would it be to have our surgeries together ? As unlikely as it was really , I can't believe it actually happened !!! Honestly I'm very glad I have her and glad we will be together throughout this ....wandering the corridors with our bare bums hanging out  Lol ! 

In all seriousness , it will be a blessing to have each other to lean on and share such a big deal with . So I'm very thankful . 

So , now the countdown is on ! I do not know who the surgeon will be and won't until that day apparently , which seems weird but I guess the transfer thing from Humber has everything upside down ?

Thanks for hanging in there with me , through all the anxious waiting , and I know you will alo be here when I'm on the othe side should I need you .

Nervous but excited xxx 

Jax xx

Seyenna
on 10/31/14 3:12 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

OMG!! Haha our bare bums hanging out... SHEESH I hope not! Trust me no one wants to see me like that, haha. Likewise to you sweet pea, you've been my biggest (only?) support through all of this.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

melaniealbert_1978
on 10/31/14 3:15 am - Oakville, Canada

Congrates to the both of you on your date!!

Referral sent- Sept 26 2014, Orientation (TWH)- November 12 2014, Sleep apnea test Nov 6 2014, Social worker- Jan 20 2015, Nurse Jan 20 2015, Nutrition -Jan 26 2015

jaxie77
on 10/31/14 9:49 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

THanks Melanie 

(deactivated member)
on 10/31/14 3:20 am - Canada
RNY on 04/16/14

I was just thinking of you and am happy you have received your date.  Lucky you to be going through it with a friend.  Good luck to you both.

Kelly

jaxie77
on 10/31/14 9:51 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Awww thanks Kelly :) I'm so excited now , but nervous too ! It's been a long year but fast too if that makes any sense ??! ! 

Jax xx

Seyenna
on 10/31/14 3:31 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

It's weird because we said it would be cool to have dates together but I never imagined that it could actually happen. We both had our video conference interviews today, different locations and times.. and I think we have different surgeons too so it really was random. Such a pleasant surprise, I couldn't be more thrilled.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

jaxie77
on 10/31/14 9:52 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

RYMEBE73
on 10/31/14 3:47 am - Guelph, Canada
RNY on 06/30/15

Congrats! what an awesome early Christmas present for you both!  I am still amazed at how awesome this forum is, so supportive and very active!  Us Ontarians really are truely amazing!! :)

Moving on doesn't mean you forget about things.  It just means you have to accept what happened and continue LIVING  

jaxie77
on 10/31/14 9:54 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey ! It is an awesome early xmas pressie !! And yes this forum is fantastic , very very valuable to me and I'm sure it will continue to be so ,even more so probably , after surgery . So much support and people who just get it !! 

Thanks again dear xx 

Most Active
Recent Topics