What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 11/16/14 6:14 pm

RNY  5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Been at school the past 3 days - long drive into Toronto and even longer out with the traffic.  School is exhilarating, however I am beat.  Plus 3 days of sitting with little movement makes you feel sluggish.  I was very careful with my eats and am down a bit more.  What helped wa****ting the sack shortly after I got home so no nighttime snacks.

Flying south tonight to recover 

EATS

B - 2 or 3 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1/2 pure protein bar

L - 1 cup of roasted red pepper and tomato soup

1/2 small tuna pesto wrap

S - 1/2 cup of chick pea salad

D - 1 oz mixed nuts

Glass of red wine- large one

Will pick at my dinner of chicken and whatever they serve with it.  I have inputted 4 oz of chicken - couple bites of veg and one bite of cake

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,211,  Carbs - 93 Grams,  Fat - 45 Grams,  Protein - 86 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

TanyaLH
on 11/16/14 8:00 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

17 months post op

steps 9562

Barb, yayy for being down abit more :) have a safe flight and enjoy the south!

The last few days have been busy! Mom and dad are visiting (leaving tomorrow) lot of hours at work, not much time for anything else!

We have white roads and sidewalks this morning, looks pretty!

Off work today so will try and do some catching up with the chores, and will fit the gym into the day as well as walks with Jasper :)

B- coffee, sm banana w/ 1/2 c ff cottage cheese

S- tea w/ mom 2 melba w/ 1 oz light goat cheese

L- split pea and ham soup

D- greek turkey burger all the fixings, no bun, 1/2 c kale salad

S- 4 oz skim milk, 1 source greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

Patm
on 11/16/14 10:37 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Awful weather out there. Wish I was escaping as well.Have a safe flight south

I bought some lamb wool lined boots for warmth. However they are no****er proof! This rain this morning sucked. Forcing myself back to the pool. Try out one of my new bathing suits. I needed one that fitted better in the top. I kept feeling like i was losing the one I had.

Did a lot of cooking yesterday. Tried some riced cauliflower sticks. Did not turn out well. The salisbury steak was great just too much so having that for another lunch. Make smoked ham ad pea soup which I love. So that for lunch today.

I miss biking. I have not moved my bike in yet but might tonight. Walking a lot on Saturday did not agree with my knee and it is still sore today. Need to keep biking to keep the muscles around the knee strong. I will see if swimming helps.

b greek yogurt, granola, raspberries

l ham/pea/lentil soup, salad

s carrrots hummus

d ch****n, salad, broccoli

s grapes

cal 963, carb 103.7, prot65.3

TES
on 11/16/14 11:42 pm - Ottawa, Canada

Good morning folks.  Monday has come in like a cranky biatch.  It's funny, I use to be immune to the cold, but now ... holy crap my hands, feet and legs get icy cold FAST!  That's going to take some getting use to!  Time to get a new pair of uber-warm winter boots!

Today's Noms ... (4 1/2 months post op)

Breakfast:  1 cup of Special K protein cereal, 1/2 cup of skim milk

Snack: SimplyProtein Whey bar in banana butterscotch flavor (meh ...)

Lunch: 3 oz roasted chicken breast, 1/4 potato, 2 tbsp corn a bit of homemade gravy.

Snack: Kay's Naturals Protein Pretzel sticks

Dinner:  Not sure yet ... either more leftover chicken (maybe made into a chicken salad), or some broiled salmon with veggies on the side.

Hope Monday treats you all kindly ... stay warm!

TES

Karen M.
on 11/16/14 11:51 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

I. Hate. Snow. Have a fabulous trip south, Barb - I'm quite sure I could fit in your suitcase. ;)

8.5 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the morning -

B - Premier protein shake

S - crustless quiche (regular muffin tin sized), extra Frank's all over (craving spicy today)

L - 3 leftover small meatballs in spicy BBQ w/ extra Frank's, leftover lemon-basil green beans & mushrooms & onions

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - I prepared my (very decadent) mac & cheese yesterday - 1/2 cup with a couple of spicy meatballs on the side (need to portion out the m&c and give. it. away.)

S - Bengal Spice fog made with unsweetened cashew milk (omg, the cashew milk is delicious, total fluke find at Walmart, 60 cal per cup)

Have a marvelous Monday,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 11/17/14 1:39 am

Unsweetened cashew milk at walmart - very cool.  I will have to check that one out, would be a nice change to almond milk.  Other option is to make your own by blending cashews and water in a blender, then strain.  Have do e this with almond milk and it is delicious.

Karen M.
on 11/17/14 1:54 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm sure other places have it as well, it's made by Silk. I like the flavour a lot more than the plain unsweetened almond milk.

For the time, mess and expense of cashews I'll buy Silk. lol

Karen

Zizzler
on 11/17/14 12:07 pm

Silk eh?  I will check it out, thanks.  I hear you about the convenience of the pre-made nut milks, especially the shelf-stable ones.  Very cost-effective.

Karen M.
on 11/19/14 1:18 am - Mississauga, Canada

Unfortunately the Silk I bought isn't shelf stable, just as an FYI.

Karen

Patm
on 11/17/14 2:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I was just reading about making your own. A lot of the commercial products have carrageenan which I do not tolerate. I have a lot of almonds right now. I think I will try making my own

Most Active
Recent Topics