I'm hereeeeeee baby

Freshlila
on 11/19/14 7:47 pm

Guys guys guys!!!! Thank you all so much for your kind words on my post before surgery, I want to write you all back individually but I'm currently texting with one eye open lol!

My experience was....okay well I know most of you said its super hard and painful at the beginning but man.....was/is it ever!!!! I just started drinking because I was in pain all of yesterday and I wasn't able to sleep until like 3-4 am since after the recovery room. One of the most awkward pain was in my back it hurt like biznitch!!!! I ordered all the morphine ALL the time!!!!!! It helped ESPECIALLY when they pushed it in(recovery room).  The pain has definitely gotten better but my nurse said ill likely leave Friday, also they're REALLY treating my asthma it's super sweet. And guess what my roommate is just one other person and she's SUPER sweet and she totally snores too! AND she told me first that she doesn't mind the noise by my family who was surprising quiet because I was so sensitive to sound, but they had to leave at 9. The nurses here are so sweet I want to eat them!!!

Ok thank you lol

today I'll try walking further then the toilet yaaaay 

thanks for listening also did you guys do the weirdest things to help with pain??? I find sleeping on my right bumcheek and shoulder helped a lot and being awake with one eye closed oh I don't know lol 

Ok ty byeeeeee

Karen M.
on 11/19/14 8:15 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Welcome to the bench! It sounds like you're right on track. As for the pain and gas, do whatever you think makes you feel better. lol Get walking today as much as you can - that will definitely help.

Speedy recovery!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jaxie77
on 11/19/14 8:35 pm, edited 11/19/14 8:36 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

YAAAY !!! 

You did good doll ! So glad you feel ok and it's all over for you ! That's great that you have a nice roomie :) Did she have the same surgery ? Don't be shy about the pain meds , I'll be pushing them too ,no point in suffering . And like Karen said , do whatever makes you feel good ,I'm kinda like that with pain , except I sometimes like to make noises ! like weird groans or talking to myself over and over ! Lol .....hey ..whatever works ! Hahaha 

Take it easy lovey ...keep posting and let us know when you're home .....p.s ...don't eat the lovely nurses , they could come in handy ....plus remember your liquid diet !! 

Big healing hugs doll xxx 

Jax xx 

Patm
on 11/19/14 9:50 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The shoulder pain is often gas. Walking even if it is shuffling helps move the gas. So walk and sip as much as you can. The walking really does help

ArleneAnne
on 11/20/14 1:05 am - Oakville, Canada

Greetings

When the body is in pain, it is not able to heal itself as well ..... some of the much needed energy is going to deal with the pain ..... so do yourself a BIG favour .... keep yourself as pain free as possible .... and remember also, do not wait until the pain is really bad .... pain medicine does not work as well then ..... so ask for it early on

Congradulations ...... you are doing WONDERFUL

Catch up with you later

Arlene

(deactivated member)
on 11/20/14 7:43 am - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

YAY!!! Glad to see you're in such high sprits! Sending you positive vibes for a speedy recovery! I found the 2nd day worse than the first, but like you, the 1st day I was able to get up and go to the bathroom alone, but that was about it! Welcome to the bench lady! YAYYAY!!

Wendy-Louise
on 11/21/14 5:11 am - Canada

Ya congratulations you did it. Sorry you are in so much pain, I was pleasantly surprised how little pain I had, guess I just expected it to be worse. But ya I would take whatever you need to be comfortable. Hopefully it will ease up soon. Take care.

Most Active
Recent Topics