Being Approved? Process and Wait Time?

Dreamy74
on 11/24/14 3:55 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hello all I just finished my last appointment at TWH and the next appointment would be with the surgeon after they review and (hopefully) approve my file.  I am really nervous.  Could anyone shed some light on why someone may not be approved?  I think all my appointments went well - I was very honest throughout the whole process, especially with the psychiatrist and nutritionist.  And if anyone could shed some light on how long it took between their last regular appointment and the appointment with the surgeon that would be great.  I am one nervous nellie. 

Seyenna
on 11/24/14 4:39 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I think it's safe to say that you are approved hun. If the dietician and social worker didn't tell you to come back in x months or weeks then you should be good to go. Usually you'll have 1 last meet and greet with your surgeon, sign your papers, and get your date! Grats and good luck.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

juleeg
on 11/25/14 1:10 am - Canada

Hi, I also just finished all my appointment.  Had the one on one with the Dietician on Friday, I asked her what the next step in the process was and she said to wait and hear from the surgeon!  The psychologist said they meet every Thursday and go through the cases and then "green light" them.  I think they would have let you know at one your appointments if they had issues going forward.    I wouldn't be nervous.  We are both in the same boat, waiting to hear from the surgeon!

Referral Sent:  June 2014  Orientation TWH:  Sept 17, 2014 Social Worker:  Oct 6, 2014 Nurse Practitioner:  Nov 10, 2014 NUT Class: Nov 11, 2014 PYSCH:  Nov 19, 2014 Dietician:  Nov. 21, 2014 Surgeon: Jan 16, 2015 Surgery: Feb 3rd, 2015

Most Active
Recent Topics