Opti Day 1 !

jaxie77
on 11/25/14 10:41 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Hey all , 

Hope everyone is doing well and feeling good ! 

I just wanted to post a wee note ...more of a milestone for me really ,than anything else . But I started Opti this morning ....Vanilla Opti to be exact ( that's all they had ) ....and I have to say it's not bad at all ! I blended it with ice and some water ....and if I shut my eyes and float away a wee bit , it could almost pass for a Vanilla Milkshake from McD's !!! I am sitting here now with a cup of beef broth and that ha**** the spot and I feel like overall , it's been a good day and I can do this !!  Hence the reason I have posted today ....cos I know the next few days are gonna be harder and I don't want to show my grizzly side !! lol 

However....I have suffered from the ' Opti Trots ' today :( ....so that's not been fun , but on a positive note ....I feel much lighter already !! 

Anyway , day one is down , only 20 more to go .....and dreaded US thanksgiving at my Mother in laws this weekend thrown into the mix , but I'm gonna be totally fine .......right ??hahaha(*crazy manic laugh!) 

Anyway , thanks for listening and being here . 

Take care peeps x 

Jax x

Karen M.
on 11/25/14 11:04 am - Mississauga, Canada

Best. Attitude. Ever.

You're going to rock this, Jax.

Karen x

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

jaxie77
on 11/25/14 11:43 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Aww Thanks Karen :) I really hope so .....gonna give it my best shot that's for sure ! 

Thanks for your encouragement and support 

Jax x

anniew72
on 11/25/14 1:06 pm

Jax,

Keep looking forward and remember what is waiting for you at the end.......you are gonna do great.

jaxie77
on 11/25/14 8:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Thanks Annie ! Yip ....eyes on the prize ! I'll get there xx 

Jax xx

Seyenna
on 11/25/14 9:55 pm - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

My 11 year old daughter made dinner for the first time ever and it was sooooo hard telling her no. 1 day down, 20 more to go!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

jaxie77
on 11/26/14 12:23 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Wee sweetiepie :) ......we got this doll ! Can't wait to see you at the hospital , remember I'll be there hovering over your face when you wake up !! Lol xx 

Seyenna
on 11/26/14 12:41 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

In theory I should be able to see you before I go for mine... so likewise! LOL. I couldn't have been blessed with a better surgery buddy.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Ipatton
on 11/25/14 10:13 pm - Canada

Im on day 6 now, I found the first 2 days the hardest, now its fine, I will say, I never feel hungry on the opti which I thought I would, I just has headaches the first two days, now all is good.  It was my son's 4th bday over the weekend so we had a big family party, like I said, I wasn't hungry, just wish I could have had some cake,

hope your opti time goes smoothly, I found adding the fiber really helps, you can even go to bulk barn and get bulk psyllium fiber husks, just mix them into the opti or even into the broth....

Ipatton
on 11/25/14 10:13 pm - Canada

Im on day 6 now, I found the first 2 days the hardest, now its fine, I will say, I never feel hungry on the opti which I thought I would, I just has headaches the first two days, now all is good.  It was my son's 4th bday over the weekend so we had a big family party, like I said, I wasn't hungry, just wish I could have had some cake,

hope your opti time goes smoothly, I found adding the fiber really helps, you can even go to bulk barn and get bulk psyllium fiber husks, just mix them into the opti or even into the broth....

Most Active
Recent Topics