What are you eating/doing today (Thursday)

birdiegirl
on 11/26/14 6:19 pm, edited 11/26/14 6:22 pm

RNY  5 Years 7 Months Post Op

Morning

Golfing this morning - then home to get a turkey in the oven for American Thanksgiving.  Any excuse to cook turkey will do! 

STEPS - 6700

EATS

B -  2 large mugs of coffee

4 oz OJ

Premier protein shake with 1 small banana

OJ and Banana are for some potassium - getting leg cramps likely due to perspiration when golfing

S- small honey crisp apple

L - 2 ham/pickle roll ups

S - few cheese and crackers

glass of merlot

D - 3 oz roasted turkey

1/2 cup of sausage-apple-cranberry stuffing

few bites of mashed potatoes

1/2 cup of roasted brussel sprouts with pecans

gravy

honey glazed carrots

splenda cranberries

bite or two of apple pie

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,862,  Carbs - 179 Grams,  Fat - 70 Grams,  Protein - 94 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one     

(deactivated member)
on 11/26/14 6:34 pm - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Enjoy your Thanksgiving in the sun :)   You can send some turkey my way, am due to cook one soon as we are both wanting the whole turkey dinner experience.

crqvingchange
on 11/26/14 7:29 pm

Good morning everyone.  Barb have a wonderful Thanksgiving, your menu looks absolutely wonderful.  Leg cramps are the worst, if I let a leg escape from under the covers I always get a leg cramp in the night.  Recently I have taken to wearing leg warmers to bed.

Today it's swimming in the warm pool, then home to do lots of chores around the house.  We have workmen coming in tomorrow and I have to rearrange the room so they can work, only to put it all back when they are done.

4 months post op

B. Chike before and after swimming

S.  Lots of decaf coffee and a pumpkin cheesecake dessert that I made

L.  Half of a flatout flatbread cooked like a pizza with turkey pepperoni and mushrooms

S. Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

D.  Tilapia with cajun shrimp

S. Another Fit Frappe protein hot chocolate

Have a great day everyone.

birdiegirl
on 11/26/14 7:34 pm

Well you know its my favorite dinner!   Just the smell makes me salivate. 

TanyaLH
on 11/26/14 7:53 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

17 months post op

steps 12782

Happy Thanksgiving Barb!...turkey dinner is my favourite meal too :)

CC enjoy your swimming today.

Hope everyone else has a great day too :)

I am going do some shortbreads for Christmas today and maybe gey the cherry eggnog loaves out of the way too. Doggie walks and get thing ready for work tomorrow and that will be my day.

B- protein coffee, sm banana

S- 1 egg muffin tea

L Flatout pizza w/ ham red onion, mushroom and habenaro cheese

D- 3 oz chicken meat loaf, 1/3 cup brussel sprouts

Karen M.
on 11/26/14 8:32 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Tanya, would you mind sharing your recipe for cherry eggnog loaves? That sounds awesome for Christmas and I think I would perhaps sub cranberries for the cherries

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 11/26/14 10:42 pm - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

I don't mind at all. I always make these in the mini loaf pans. They make nice little treats if you wrap them in the clear wrap for baskets and tie festive ribbons at the top and give away as little tokens for the holidays.   Here is the link, don't know how to make it into a a url thingy...

http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/cherry-eggnog-quick-bread-recipe.htm

Karen M.
on 11/27/14 2:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Thank you very much, Tanya! I'll be making this for sure this year.

Karen

Karen M.
on 11/26/14 8:27 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Per the leg cramps - I deal with this too regularly myself, both legs and feet (feet are actually worse pain-wise). My issue is definitely due to lack of potassium and occasionally lack of fluids as well,  which I combat daily by taking 100 mg daily via pill in addition to the potassium I get from food sources, for prevention.

If/When it happens in the night I have to walk the floors until it (finally) eases AND I take 50 mg more with lots of water while I'm walking (hobbling) it off. I prefer to take a supplement in lieu of adding high potassium foods such as bananas and potatoes, which are also carby.  

I really feel for you - it sucks.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 11/27/14 3:37 am

HI Karen

It was very hot and muggy  a few days ago - I know I lost a lot of minerals as my arms and legs were "salty" after golf.  A few banana's and a glass of two of OJ does the trick for me.

Most Active
Recent Topics