Blind date tonight. ****ting my pants.

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 8:44 pm, edited 12/10/14 9:17 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

I haven't been on a date in nine months, and my original plan was to focus on this journey, and only ME for a while, but so much for that!

A friend seems to think she's found a great match for me, and after a little Internet stalking of him, I couldn't say no. We've exchanged only two days of chat, and one phonecall. I'm pretty nervous...

Also, not going to lie, worried about my body. I think I'm pretty good at coming across as a confident gal,  even though this may not be 100% the case. My friend showed him a picture of me, but it's really only an upper body shot, mostly face. 

I know, I know, if he doesn't like me for who I am, his loss, but of course we think about these things. It's only natural. For me anyway.

Im blaming my Christmas tree. It's made me far more sentimental, romantic, and missing spending time with a man I truly enjoy. Was I really putting a halt to dating during this, because I want to focus on me, or was it due to the fact I wanted to be at goal before I allow myself to be in that vulnerable place dating brings, where rejection may happen... 

I'm 34 years old. Ive wasted so much time saying 'no to dating, saying no to a lot of things outside my comfort zone, I'm not going to do that anymore. 

Wish me luck! 

Tish24
on 12/10/14 9:14 pm - Owen Sound, Canada

I'm so excited for you. Have an great time, and please remember that you need to be treated like a princess. If he can't do that, then don't waste your time. You have worked hard to make your life better, finding someone who will add to that is the key. 

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 9:20 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

Thank you! Totally agree. Im nerves right now, but whatever happens, I think it's always good to step outside your comfort zone. I've always been one to say no, and talk myself into waiting for the right time, and now, I'm kinda learning, timing is always off! Sometimes you just gotta go for it.

xo

(deactivated member)
on 12/10/14 9:26 pm - Orillia, Canada

You are going to do great! It would be nerve wracking because it is your first date after quite sometime, but you will be fine! Push yourself to do things that make you a bit uncomfortable because in my experience it always works out or teaches you a valuable lesson.  Also if a guy can't accept who you are (a beautiful, caring woman) then you are better off saying "See ya"! Cause he definitely isn't worth your time.  Sometimes you have to kiss a lot of frogs before you can find a prince!

Franny1977
on 12/10/14 9:36 pm - Canada

Good Luke Jenner on your date he will love u enjoy.

Jiliana2
on 12/10/14 9:49 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

I bet you will have a great time, Jennifer. Try to relax a little and just go with the flow. Fingers crossed for a wonderful evening! Let us know how it goes!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

bigguy007
on 12/10/14 10:16 pm - Canada

Good Luck Jen ! and dont worry go have fun if its meant to be it will happen!. 

JujuYama
on 12/10/14 10:26 pm

I know exactly how you feel because I went on my "first date" on Tuesday.  I was planning on waiting until I got to my goal wait too, but somehow I found myself meeting someone for coffee and strolling around looking at all the holiday decorations.  

I have to admit I had a great time!  I felt good,  looked good,  and enjoyed myself.  We're having lunch next week. 

Good luck!  And have fun! 

Surgery Date: 4/14/14    HW: 313   SW: 300   CW: 155    GW: 140

jaxie77
on 12/10/14 10:58 pm - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Woooooooohoooooooo !! So excited for you !! I'm a complete romantic and I love all this stuff ! Maybe cos ive been married now for 7 years and hubby is now lacking on the old romance front cos he thinks it's ' in the bag' !!! lol ......

Just go and have fun , you said earlier that you could feel you had a little extra bounce in your step ? Use it to your advantage tonight , get your swagger on !!! You have done amazing so far , and if you believe in yourself then he will pick up on that . It's very attractive , add to that the fact you are a complete knockout ....he'll be eating out the palm of your hand !!

What are you guys doing ? Are you going out to eat or movies or something ? It sounds like you are quite impressed by what you have seen so far so that's encouraging . 

Hope it goes well , and I can't wait till tomorrow when you post all the details ! ( You will right ?

Heres to an amazing first date , and the guy having no deal breakers ...like bad shoes , or a big bum ....or talks about his Ghost busters memorabilia  all night ( it's happened !).....

Good luck chick 

Jax x 

Mary A.
on 12/10/14 11:44 pm

you don't need "luck", you need to be yourself and enjoy the evening and not have huge expectations.  A couple os two people and you never know it may be a great fantastic fit...and it may not either way enjoy the date.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics