Sore and not sure why ?

Northernlightsmom
on 1/26/15 9:30 pm - Canada

I am almost a year post op and haven't really had any complications except for reactive hypoglycemia.  Lately, maybe for the past week or two I have had an "ache or "starving empty tummy" feeling in my middle to left tummy area. I have been drinking and eating well and haven't been able to figure out what it is or how to stop it.

Has anyone else had symptoms like this or have any idea what I could do? 

Thanks so much

Tara

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Catw
on 1/26/15 10:44 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Hi Tara,

Contact your clinic, this isn't a panic but it sounds like you are having acid problems (too much acid in your tummy).  They may want to put you on something like prevacid to help you out.  I had similar ones when I was pregnant (pre WLS) and was put on Zantac for a bit.  I get similar issues now, and I'm on prevacid again, and it helps.  I also get some pain if my I eat something spicy, and can get rid of that by taking Zantac again (although, I usually try to avoid the spicy stuff)

Cathy

Northernlightsmom
on 1/27/15 8:54 am - Canada

Thanks Cat

You are probably right. I am going to call tomorrow and get on some antacid.

KristieA
on 1/27/15 4:05 am - Orillia, Canada

I agree, check with your clinic.  I have the same problem off and on and I am almost 4 years out.  A few days on Prevacid and I am usually fine.   It isn't a 'painful' kind of feeling more a nagging ache.  For me I attribute it to certain foods, stress of my teenager and if I need some extra Tylenol for whatever reason.

Kristie

"Don't trade what you want the most,
                    for what you want at the moment."

Northernlightsmom
on 1/27/15 9:11 am - Canada

I can relate to teenager stress lol. You are likely right about it being acid.

Thanks!

Most Active
Recent Topics