First post-op appointment today

bubbosmama
on 1/27/15 9:30 pm - Canada

Heading to my first post-op follow up appointment.  It has been a long but exciting week.  Looking forward to getting some information on how to eat and live in a way that will best support my new life.  Woohoo

Millie146
on 1/27/15 11:45 pm - Canada

That's such a great way to look at it... ! Enjoy 

Millie...............MFP: millie0101

betony63
on 1/28/15 1:57 pm

Hope your appointment went well!

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

bubbosmama
on 1/28/15 4:59 pm - Canada

Thanks Betony63.... It was good just a bit of a snag.....  but what would keep life entertaining if it was all easy?  haha

Went to my post op appointment today.  I am doing fantastically well, my incisions are healing, I am right on track, my medicatons are all in line.  THEN, when asked questions about the ulcer symptoms and the acid indigestion, I revealed that I have the same symptoms as before but assumed that was because surgery was so recent, apparently it isn't what they had expected and I will be seeing surgeon to see where we go from here next week. Trying to stay positive and hope this is a part of healing after all.  The medical reason for this surgery was severe GERD which was sending acid into my lungs and causing pneumonias.  Going to stay on track, going to think positively, I have had worse setbacks in life and come out swinging. 

bubbosmama
on 1/28/15 5:08 pm - Canada

How the heck are you doing?  We are surgery date buddies... or close enough.  Mine was the 20th.  Hoping you are doing fantastically well on your journey.... you got this!!!

betony63
on 1/29/15 6:41 am

I'm doing much better, thanks! I was so grateful to start full liquids :)

I'm sorry to hear about your stomach issues - I have severe GERD too and wouldn't wi**** on anyone. I hope that get everything sorted out for you SOON!

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

Most Active
Recent Topics