Surgery follop up appt.... that was a surprise

bubbosmama
on 1/28/15 8:05 am - Canada

Went to my post op appointment today.  I am doing fantastically well, my incisions are healing, I am right on track, my medicatons are all in line.  THEN, when asked questions about the ulcer symptoms and the acid indigestion, I revealed that I have the same symptoms as before but assumed that was because surgery was so recent, apparently it isn't what they had expected and I will be seeing surgeon to see where we go from here next week. Trying to stay positive and hope this is a part of healing after all.  The medical reason for this surgery was severe GERD which was sending acid into my lungs and causing pneumonias.  Going to stay on track, going to think positively, I have had worse setbacks in life and come out swinging.

crqvingchange
on 1/28/15 9:50 am

You've got a great attitude.  I hope that they get it sorted soon.  You have put your health first and have been through alot to become more healthy.  Wishing you all the best.

bubbosmama
on 1/28/15 5:03 pm - Canada

Thanks crqvingchange.  I have learned that I don't fair well at all if I don't put some perspective on things.  It is whatever it turns out to be, and whatever it turns out to be, I can handle it with the help of my hubby, family, this board and myself.  Thanks for your kindness

Millie146
on 1/29/15 11:05 am - Canada

You are amazing!

Millie...............MFP: millie0101

bubbosmama
on 1/29/15 7:31 pm - Canada

Thanks Millie..... what I am is a realist and a tough cookie haha.  I appreciate the message though.

Mary A.
on 1/30/15 1:10 am

hopefully they can get it all figured out and provide you with some relief I have an ulcer and on meds for it...and one of my best friends was diagnosed with GERD after months and months of not feeling well, she for the most part has hers under control with (Panteloc), every day as well.

prior to surgery 323lbs....4 years post-op maintaining between 108- 114 lb loss. 

life is AMAZING when you continue on the right path~!.  Use your surgeons gift to the fullest~!

Mary
surgery done in Duluth, MN

Most Active
Recent Topics