Hospital stay

Nikki101
on 1/28/15 8:43 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Having surgery at TWH... paid for a semi private room.  my concern is the likely hood of sharing a room with a male. I'm very scared of this idea. Did anyone have to share a room with someone of the opposite sex?

bubbosmama
on 1/28/15 8:46 am - Canada

I have never heard of men and women being in the same room at any hospital event.  If you are really concerned just ask the person who signs you in.

msmuggins
on 1/28/15 9:34 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

They never put men and women in the same room. If you paid for semi private, there's a good likelihood you'll get a private room at TWH (I did).  It was worth every penny! 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Delicious_Delilah
on 1/29/15 1:50 am - Ottawa, Canada

They do actually put men and women together, though I think they make an effort to avoid it.  Sometimes it can't be avoided. 

My last stay in the hospital (Otawa Civic) for an internal hernia, I was in a semi-private and my roomate was a man.  Overall, it was fine.  That's what the curtains are for...didn't feel that my privacy was really an issue.

DD

Kittykatt1329
on 1/29/15 7:21 am - Alfred, Canada

When I just went in December for knee replacement in Ottawa, I was in ward room and was two other men.  I kept the curtain closed most of time but was hard as washroom was right beside my bed. Times I had curtain open, well let's just say guy across from me was not too shy.  Lol I was glad was only there for two days. 

Cathy 

Nikki101
on 1/29/15 10:13 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

My grandma's had to share with a guy. She hated it.

Susan40
on 1/29/15 11:02 am - Canada

I was not aware that you could pay for a semi private or private room.  I just assumed you received what they have available.  How much is a private room? 

Nikki101
on 1/30/15 7:38 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

Not sure of private.. but semi private is $250/day...so I'm guessing private would be more

Dolly K.
on 1/30/15 9:32 pm

$295 for private room 

Waytogo2015
on 1/29/15 11:38 pm - Canada

I was at St Joes Hamilton in a semi private.  I think that May be all they have there   After surgery I really would not have cared who was there.  Slept a lot first two days.  I was in mon-fri. On Thursday they asked if I would mind if a male was put in the room and I said we are all here because we need to be so it didn't matter.  Wish I had of got that male. Instead I got a young foul mouthed girl who sweated at the nurses wanted to know if I wanted to go do drugs and had her boyfriend in bed with her till 11 pm.  That was a nightmare.  In the morning I was packed and sitting waiting for someone to get me out of there  

Most Active
Recent Topics