Salad "dressing" ideas while on Opti

Kilmartin56
on 3/1/15 1:50 am - Canada

On day 10 of Opti, and other than the shakes I have only had broth and celery and have been pretty good with that.  Today,  I want a salad (using of course only the approved veggies).  Can I have fat free commercially-made salad dressing, or is balsamic vinegar the only option?  Thanks for help/suggestions. 

PS - I am going through Humber.

2014 - Feb. 21 - referral from family dr. June 16 - Orientation (Humber) Aug. 1 - first meeting with Dr. Sohi  Nov 3 - RN, SW, CD Nov 9 Dr. Glazer 2015 - second appointment with SW Feb. 18 - second appointment with Dr. Sohi Feb 25 - surgeon changed to Dr. Huynh (no reason given) Feb. 20 - start Opti Feb 26 - PATTS

HW - 318 Start opti - 302

HFA70
on 3/1/15 3:46 am

I went through Humber also.  I am not sure about the dressing,  but l wouldnt have used it. I made myself soup with chicken broth and spinach,  l never thought of making a salad.  Good luck! 

Needanewbeginning
on 3/1/15 5:22 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Nope. I was through HRRH as well as a friend this past October. No lettuce, only the veggies listed, no dressings either.

Your almost there!! Keep it going.

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Kilmartin56
on 3/1/15 5:38 am - Canada

Thank you - guess I will stick to the crunch of celery. :-)

1HealthyMomma
on 3/2/15 8:27 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

If you still have your paper work check it because I'm threw Humber as well and unless something changed. You were allowed vinegar on your veggies only vinegar  unfortunately. I ate it and enjoyed it. I also found pickles that just had vinegar, cucumber, and spices in the ingredients and I ate them. You did mention you were only going to use the approved veggies for your salad so I really don't see a problem. Another thing that I did was make soup with beef broth, red pepper, and celery. It was so yummy I ate it for dinner while my family ate so I wasn't left out.  All The best in your journey.

Take Care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Kilmartin56
on 3/3/15 9:38 pm - Canada

Thank you for the reply.  I now only have today and tomorrow to go.....yikes and yippee!  Might try some cucumber and vinegar as a treat tonight!

2014 - Feb. 21 - referral from family dr. June 16 - Orientation (Humber) Aug. 1 - first meeting with Dr. Sohi  Nov 3 - RN, SW, CD Nov 9 Dr. Glazer 2015 - second appointment with SW Feb. 18 - second appointment with Dr. Sohi Feb 25 - surgeon changed to Dr. Huynh (no reason given) Feb. 20 - start Opti Feb 26 - PATTS

HW - 318 Start opti - 302

Most Active
Recent Topics