Weight loss question

Jenn K.
on 3/2/15 12:44 am - Canada

hi all, 

i I had my RNY February 10th. Weight loss was great until this past week. 

My surgery day weight was 267. I dropped down to 251 and now I'm creeping back up to 255 and the scale has stopped. 

Has as anyone else experienced this? Just a little worried and frustrated. 

Catw
on 3/2/15 12:57 am - Arnprior, Canada

Sounds like you are around the 3 week stall.  Happens to everyone.  Just keep on program, and you'll start to lose again.  Every once in a while you'll go through a stall.  If you think about it, you've been on reduced calories etc for about 5 - 6 weeks now.  And your body just needs to take a breath and catch up.

Wishing you well on your journey.

Cathy

Catw
on 3/2/15 12:59 am - Arnprior, Canada

You're experiencing the "3 Week Stall".  Happens to everyone.  Don't worry about it.  Just keep on plan and it will start coming off again.  Don't forget, you've been on reduced calories etc for 5 - 6 weeks now.  Your body just needs to take a breath and keep on going.  You'll be fine.  You can search up "3 Week Stall" and find lots of posts.

Wishing you well on your journey.

Cathy

Jenn K.
on 3/2/15 1:14 am - Canada

I wondered that.... The 4lbs of gain just scared me! 

Catw
on 3/2/15 3:09 am - Arnprior, Canada

I wouldn't worry about it yet.  It could be from many things, including T.O.M. needing a bowel movement, time of day, etc.  Also, it depends on how you step on the scales.  Some scales are a little pickier than others.  I know on mine, if I don't step on properly, it will give me a bad reading.

1HealthyMomma
on 3/2/15 3:15 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 10/07/14

I gain 2-3 lbs just before my time of the month. Maybe that is coming for you. Either way I wouldn't worry at all. I know easier said than done.

Take care

Lisa

Laparoscopic Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass On October 7,2014 with Dr. Hagen   

Jenn K.
on 3/2/15 3:18 am - Canada

My scale is like that too. I'm still up 3-5lbs tho. Hopefully that will change :) 

Thanks for the advice, much appreciated.

Jenn 

Jenn K.
on 3/2/15 3:20 am - Canada

Thank you. Maybe that's it, kind of early tho lol. 

jaxie77
on 3/2/15 8:54 am, edited 3/2/15 8:55 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

It is very early , you'll be fine ! You're literally just starting out on this , it hasn't even begun yet !! :) You are gonna love the next few weeks / months :) 

As for the scale .....I swear ...I have a line marked on my kitchen floor tiles , I have to place the side of my scale parallel to that line , lining up the number panel with the top of the tile .....step on with my left foot ...sun facing east ! Or else it can literally be 5 lbs out !! LOL ! You get the idea .....

Anyway , I too hit the wall after 2 weeks or so . But then it really gets into a groove and when you are getting the swing of things , the weight seems to just take care of itself . I'm just around 3 months out now and down 75 ! It feels kinda slow while you're in it , but then it just hits you and you look back and think Wow !! 

Good luck and keep up the good work !

Jax xx

Jenn K.
on 3/2/15 9:29 am - Canada

Thanks Jax!

Most Active
Recent Topics