Weekly Weight Loss

Carchick28
on 3/5/15 4:47 am - Canada

I was wondering if someone might be able to answer a question.  How much on average do you loose a week once you are past the post surgery liquid diet and a few months into the "new normal" eating.  I am just curious.  I know it may be different from person to person. 

Hanneli xoxo
on 3/5/15 5:14 am - Sudbury, Canada
RNY on 10/30/12

It is SO completely different from each person that it wouldn't be fair to even give you an answer. I know I have data compiled that shows my daily loss over the first year and a half.... but again, even if I posted my example, its so not a good comparison. not one person is the same

HFA70
on 3/5/15 6:10 am

Until recently I only weighed in at my doctor's office once a month.  (I now weigh myself daily that I am at goal.)

My average was 17 lbs/month, it did slow down and I had one short stall at about 8 months out.  I had lost 114 pounds on my anniversary.

Does that help?

Good luck!

Seyenna
on 3/5/15 9:10 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I'm averaging 5.5 lbs a week, but I don't know where that puts me in terms of averages, especially since I did have a lot more to lose than most.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Carchick28
on 3/5/15 11:41 am - Canada

Thanks  This helps.  I am just looking for feed back.  I know it will be different from person to person. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/5/15 2:37 pm - Toronto, Canada
RNY on 10/20/14

So impossible to answer. It really really fluctuates. I will go two weeks without losing anything, then one week I will lose 8 lbs. Its really hard to predict. 20 lbs per month for the first two months seemed to be the average, and now, I am almost 5 months out and am losing between 12-15 per month, or so. But again, its really hard to predict. Stalls definitely happen, A LOT. And when going through one, you feel as though you are not losing weight fast enough, and that you're not doing well, but when you step back, and look at the overall picture, you can definitely see it is not the case. If you stick to the plan, it will come off. I am only 4.5 months out, and feel so close to losing 100 lbs, I can taste it!!! Can't wait.

Most Active
Recent Topics