Bad cold and sinuses draining

cdnmacgirl
on 3/29/15 7:46 pm, edited 3/29/15 8:41 pm - Canada

I woke up miserable. Plugged up nose, swollen throat, sinuses draining. Just a horrible bad cold. I have been throwing up this week (3 times) likely because of the draining sinuses. Should I be going to my family doctor for something or should I just suck it up and call it a bad cold? I've dealt with sinus pressure, but nothing draining like this. I just am afraid for my sleeve. I'm 8 months post op sleeve.

thanks

andrea

Referral sent Feb 27, 2013 | Orientation in Guelph May 16, 2013 | First set of appointments August 19, 2013 | pre op food class August | Final sign off on Nut/SW/Nurse Jan 29 | Post Op class April 7, 2014 | Surgery with Dr Jules July 16, 2014 in Guelph

Karen M.
on 3/29/15 8:37 pm, edited 3/29/15 8:38 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Sorry you're feeling so crappy :/

I wouldn't worry about the pouch but the sinus draining and the subsequent nausea sure makes everything all the more unpleasant for you. You may want to talk to your doc about getting something to help with the post-nasal stuff so that you're able to keep stuff down and keep yourself hydrated. Make sure you're getting tons of fluids and I hope you're feeling better soon.

Edited to add: I just realized that you have a VSG so you don't have a pouch - substitute "stomach" for "pouch" in my reply.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

cdnmacgirl
on 3/29/15 8:43 pm - Canada

Thanks Karen. I'm going to try and get into see my family doctor and if I can't I'll head over to Guelph emerg...they say to head there if you have issues.

andrea

Referral sent Feb 27, 2013 | Orientation in Guelph May 16, 2013 | First set of appointments August 19, 2013 | pre op food class August | Final sign off on Nut/SW/Nurse Jan 29 | Post Op class April 7, 2014 | Surgery with Dr Jules July 16, 2014 in Guelph

Karen M.
on 3/29/15 8:51 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Perhaps before heading to the ER and sitting in a cess pool of germs, give your centre a call for advice?

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

cdnmacgirl
on 3/29/15 8:54 pm - Canada

Good idea! I was dreading going all the way there feeling like I am.

andrea

Catw
on 3/29/15 11:24 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Have your doc check it out, but be prepared for the following:  It's viral, can't give you anything.  Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest.  My son was similar and got that info.

I did take a couple Benelyn (I had similar symptoms) and it did help clear my nose during the day.  Other things to try are: humidifier in the room, vicks on chest and or feet, steamy showers.  I also found a tea for colds, tasted not too bad, wether it helped or not is another thing.  But I also tried ginger tea (not sure if it helped, but tasted good).  As for sore throat, sal****er gargle several times a day.

Hope you feel better soon!

Cathy

cdnmacgirl
on 3/29/15 11:37 pm - Canada

Thanks Cathy. I was able to get a doctor's appt for late this afternoon. 

Andrea

Most Active
Recent Topics