acceptance

Dixie1969
on 3/27/15 4:48 am

Good day all

I just had my pre op diet class... I'm going through Guelph.  AT this point is it safe to assume that I will be accepted for surgery.  My BMI is 40 but I have no other medical issues.  I will be meeting the surgeon in the next 6-8 week.  Im nervous that after all of my hard work and the emotional roller coaster that I have been on will lead to a big disappointment.  I have made all the necessary changes in my life and I am in a good place mentally.  I guess I'm just afraid of being denied at this point.

Can anyone give some advice ??????

Catw
on 3/27/15 5:13 am - Arnprior, Canada

Just hang on.  I was the same way, up until I was knocked out.  Worried that I'd be denied, delayed etc.  I was fine, and probably could have gone home a day earlier, but wanted to be sure with 2 small kids at home.  I didn't have any medical issues either.  You'll be fine.  And your surgeon's appointment will come quick.

Cathy

betony63
on 3/27/15 11:57 am

Hi, I went through Guelph too. I would think if you've got as far as your surgeon's appointment, you are good to go :)

Best of luck!

GUELPH. Referral: Dec 6/13. Orientation: Mar 6/14, Post-op Diet Class: Sept 22/14, Meeting with Surgeon: Dec 2/14, Surgery: Jan 22/15

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 5:48 pm

If you're going through Guelph, be ready anytime for surgery. I had my surgeon appt and could have had the surgery 2 weeks later. I pushed it back to 4 weeks because of a work committment. Everything went great! Lovin life 6 weeks post op.

In other words, let work know if you work, because it will be here before you know it!!!! :)

Northernlightsmom
on 3/29/15 10:53 pm - Canada

That fear is so normal. You are doing everything you should be and if there were any major concerns from your team you would already know about them.  From this point out....everything moves very fast so just focus on your new lifestyle changes. I found I was always going back to my "diet failures" in my past and really had to change the way I thought about how successful I was going to be. It wasn't easy but when you challenge that fear of failure there comes a new strength and outlook on your new future. You are going to rock this surgery and journey! 

RNY Surgery February 10th, 2014

Dixie1969
on 3/30/15 11:05 am

Thank you for your advice and encouragment

Most Active
Recent Topics