What are you eating/doing today? (Sunday)

Karen M.
on 3/29/15 12:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

Everyone must be sleeping in today!

Have a bunch of running around to do in prep for a crazy week at work, not sure what else! We saw Whiplash last night and wow, powerful, highly recommend.

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x several over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek (apple pie), a couple of grapes

L - 1/2 bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich

S - not sure, I'll be running around

D - bowl of chili, old cheddar, a couple of crackers

S - Bengal Spice fog made with coconut dream

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 12:28 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

No sleeping in here, just didn't know what I was going to eat today and still unsure about dinner but will guess at it. Running out of veggies other than salad makings and I hate frozen or canned veggies but may have to resort to my stash of frozen green beans.

B - smoked salmon, egg, 1/2 bagel

S - coconut milk latte x 2

L - green salad, 100 grams chicken breast

S - kielbassa, old cheddar

D - green salad, grilled shrimp maybe

Karen M.
on 3/29/15 12:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

I was at a loss today too which is unusual for me. Dinner is a guess at this point, since I have chili in the freezer. I feel like I need a solid week off to cook and get organized again.

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 12:40 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

I'm seldom at a loss but woke up just messed up today about the day.  LOL  Shrimp are easy to just thaw fast and grill so no thinking involved in taking anything else out.  We are leaving Thursday morning for Easter so the fridge is being emptied while he's at work.  Thankfully I have lots of eggs in there and some chili in the freezer.

Karen M.
on 3/29/15 12:50 am - Mississauga, Canada

I am so out of the loop time-wise that I didn't realize until just Friday afternoon that next week is Easter when I tried to set up a meeting with someone for the 3rd - apparently that's Good Friday, who knew? lol

Karen

Patm
on 3/29/15 4:02 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Busy morning. Got up late. Very unusual for me. Ran a lunch of soup for charity today. Went well but now I am tired.

b bacon, 2 egg

s banana

l ham/pea soup, fruit

s coffee

d steaks, mushroom, acorn squash, salad

s not sure. Enjoy the sun out there

Zizzler
on 3/29/15 5:14 am

Good morning everyone!  Yoga went well yesterday, being lighter is helping with all the poses and movements.  Still two movements I just can't do, but definitely progress. My hips are pretty sore today but other than that I feel great. Yesterday while at value village I fit into a size 9 jeans for the first time, and a size medium top.  Holy crap that feels awesome.  What I don't understand is how come I am a size 9 at 181 pounds?  I was a size 9 20 years ago and I weighed a lot less, like 140 or so. Maybe it was just the cut of the jeans as they were the stretchy kind. 20 years ago we did not have those stretchy pants, so maybe that explains the sizing.  Anyone else experience this? Just the gym for my regular 1-hour workout on the elliptical and weight machines, then home for house cleaning and relaxing.  I want to make a batch of eggwhite psyllium wraps for next week.

I bought some of those apple pie greek yogurts, look forward to trying it.  Also bought a jar of strubbs full sour pickles to have with my ham and lf swiss rolls.  Too bad they do not have smaller jars, the jar was massive and should last a good while.  Thanks for reminding me of the full sours, they are the bomb!

7 months post ops

b - premier protein shake

s - sf grape dasani

l - berries with greek yogurt, a little almond granola

s - sf pink lemonade Dasani, later...egg flax muffin

d - stir fry pork with vegetables - carrots, onions, celery, going to add some chili pepper, oh ya

s - black forest ham rolled with lf swiss cheese and mustard.  Part of a big full sour pickle.

all water and vits

Karen M.
on 3/29/15 6:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes, it's called "vanity sizing". Over the years the "average" size for people in general has increased and thus the fashion industry has followed suit and adjusted their sizing to match. A 4 of today is certainly not a 4 of years ago - much larger.

Some clothing brands are extremely generous even with taking the vanity sizing into consideration. I can't even purchase pants at Mark's Work Warehouse, just as an example - they go as low as size 2, which are too big for me. A 2 in many other brands fit me and if I shop still others, I wear a 0 or up to an 8. It's nonsensical and the variance between brands makes it completely impossible to know what size to buy.

Karen

Zizzler
on 4/1/15 7:32 am

Thanks Karen, it's so confusing!  I feel like I am in a crazy time warp.  Of course it does not help that I'm shopping g at thrift stores as they have clothes from all brands and generations.

(deactivated member)
on 3/29/15 5:52 pm

6 weeks post op and late on this thread but here goes:

Break- 1/2 premier shake

Snack- 1 greek yogurt

Lunch- 3 flat pretzel crackers (10 cals each), 1 TBSP hummous, apple sauce

Snack- ff choc pudding :) :) :)......1/4 cup

Dinner- mashed potatoes for the first time, 1/4 cup...milk

Snack leftover protein shake

Most Active
Recent Topics