Nurse Practioner Appointment - TWH?

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 5:40 am - Mississauga, Canada

What happens at this appointment?  

Helna_Handbasket
on 3/31/15 8:39 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

Hi Melly!

I am also with TWH, and I had my NP appointment via Telehealth (basically Skype).  She goes over a few pages of all that paperwork we have done, then we went over my health history - surgeries in the past, medications currently on, opportunity for me to ask questions about the surgery, pre-existing medical conditions - that sort of thing.  I just brought my copies of everything and a notepad to make some notes & things as we spoke.  She wrote up a requisition for me to go have some blood work, and explained the process of how each patients file is reviewed on Thursdays.  We have another quick phone call follow-up in a few weeks, just to go over the lab work and I'm sure a few other things.  Pretty straight forward & painless ;) 

I'm sure all will go well!  Lisa

Referral: August 2014 Orientation: 28Nov14 Social Worker: 05Feb15 Nurse Practitioner: 25Feb15 Nutrition Class: 30Mar15 Dietitian: 14Apr15 Psychologist: 21Apr15 NP followup: 23Apr15 Meet Surgeon: 26June15 Start Opti/PreOp: 21July15 Surgery!: 04Aug15!! 

I keep a blog... you're welcome to read it anytime :)  https://heretoeaternity.wordpress.com/

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 9:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

At my orientation we were given a list of blood work to have done that would be done by our own family doctor so that will be done. 

Thanks for all of the information!!

do you have a date yet?

meowface
on 3/31/15 9:52 am - Canada

Had mine a couple weeks ago. She went over my medical history and the blood work I had handed in. Checked my blood pressure and got weighed in. Check to see if I needed a sleep study (I don't!). Asked me questions about my health. It was pretty straight forward.

I don't get the sequence of appointments though, she was my second apt after the social worker and next is psychologist then dietitian. I see you've already had the dietitian apt. The order makes no sense to me. I'd kind of like to get into the eating and nutrition class first to get all that info.

Anyone know the logic around apt booking?

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 10:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

Apparently I should have seen the nurse first, then dietician and then the psych. But the receptionist booked it wrong. When I met with the dietician she said she should have had my blood test results from the nurse appointment but didn't because it was booked afterwards. Mine is all messed up! Yours is the right way lol. 

(deactivated member)
on 3/31/15 10:19 am - Mississauga, Canada

Is there a reason that your signature has all of your appointments as initial appointments? It is my understanding there is only one of each. Or is it because you could potentially need more if they require it?

Helna_Handbasket
on 3/31/15 11:25 am - OWEN SOUND, Canada

I think it depends on the person.  I am hoping my "initials" are the ONLY ones. lol.  I should have mentioned that I don't have a family doctor.  I did when the referral was sent in, then she moved.  Now I'm on that magical list to get a new one so yeah - some of my stuff is messed up. :/  No date yet for surgery.  I am hoping my file will be reviewed at the end of April when all the appointments are completed.  I think then they'll call me with a "meet the surgeon" date and then hopefully chapter 1 of my new life!

meowface
on 3/31/15 8:37 pm - Canada

My appointment list says it's initial so that's how I wrote it in there. I do hope I won't have to do more though! Only time will tell.

Orientation @TWH Jan 26 2015 // Social Worker March 9 2015 // Nurse Practitioner March 11 2015 // Psychology April 28 2015  // Nutrition Class May 19 2015 // Dietitian June 9 2015 // Meet Dr.Penner July 3 2015 // OptiFast start Aug 5 2015 // Surgery @ TWH August 25 2015!

Most Active
Recent Topics