Almost 4 years Post Op and still getting NSVs

Catw
on 3/31/15 2:24 am - Arnprior, Canada

I arranged to buy a bunch of clothes from a person through a yard sale group on Facebook.  It was to be 50 items of women's clothing for $50.  The sizes were to be from L to XXL.  She dropped them off yesterday and I got to look at them last night.  Mom got some of the larger pieces (too big for me, and they fit her).  And I proceeded to try on most of the rest.  There were some that were too tight (Hey, I know I'm not a size 10, which is not a L in my book).  Usually, I wear a 16 L/XL to fit.  Last night I put on a dress size M, and a skirt size 12.  The dress fit nice, and the skit might have been a bit stretched, but I was able to do it up!

Ok, I don't remember being 210 lbs, nor do I remember wearing a size 12.  But there I was, trying on size 12, 14 & 16 clothes.  And they were fitting comfy!  Now I have some new clothes to wear to the office.  And an top or two when I get a chance to party!

I had about 1/2 a washing machine load to donate (and I have 2 rummage sales coming up that I need to donate to).  2 loads of clothes for me, and about 1/2 a load for my Mom. 

Got my $$ worth.  And so much more with my size 12 skirt!

Cathy

Curious.George
on 3/31/15 3:43 am - Canada

Right On!  You go girl!

Referral Date: May 29, 2012;  TWH     Orientation: June 19,2012;     Nurse Practitioner Group Session and Social Worker Initial Assessment: September 25, 2012;     Nurse Practitioner One-on-One and Psych. Assessment: January 18, 2013;     Met with surgeon: March 8, 2013;     Pre-Op scheduled: June 20,2013;   Surgery scheduled: July 17, 2013!    Surgery Completed!

Patm
on 3/31/15 5:28 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

That is awesome. I loved when I went down in sizes. It made me feel so successful

Herecomeshealth
on 3/31/15 8:59 am

Totally awesome!

Zizzler
on 3/31/15 10:23 am

That is great to hear, congratulations!

Most Active
Recent Topics