Full of pain and emotions

Asiina
on 4/17/15 5:41 am

I'm 5 days postop and trying to do the full fluid diet, but I just find it so hard. I am so tired of drinking literally every moment of the day, whether its a protein shake or trying to get my vitamins down or powering through my pain medication, by the time I finish one it is time for another and I feel so exhausted.

My stomach and chest and back hurt all the time, even though I've had so many monitors and blood tests. I just get no reprieve. I don't have the energy or will to do anything.

This has to get easier, right?

Patm
on 4/17/15 5:48 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Remember you just had major surgery. Your insides were re-routed. Your body is trying to heal. When they do surgery they pump air into you. This often leaves air trapped that can cause pain. Try some walking so if things ease. Also ho****er bottles.

It will get easier as your body heals

Karen M.
on 4/17/15 6:01 am - Mississauga, Canada

Simple answer to this:  YES!!

Every day will get a little easier for you. This is your full-time job right now and it does take all day, every day to get it all in. Keep sipping, keep moving, and keep your spirits up - great things to come!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

lammytee14
on 4/17/15 6:04 am

Yes, it does get better. That first week after surgery is very overwhelming...so many things to remember, so much to be sipping. Do the best that you can and rest as much as possible. My pain meds, children's tylenol and heating pad were my best friends during that first week.

Tammy :)

Surgery on March 16, 2015 with Dr. Yelle (Ottawa)

HW: 245 (2012) SW: 233 CW: 141 Goal Range (by Surgeon): 149-179  

Holy Smokes! I've lost 100 pounds from my heaviest weight! Yay me!!!

mum2TNT
on 4/17/15 7:12 am - Oshawa, Canada
On April 17, 2015 at 1:04 PM Pacific Time, lammytee14 wrote:

Yes, it does get better. That first week after surgery is very overwhelming...so many things to remember, so much to be sipping. Do the best that you can and rest as much as possible. My pain meds, children's tylenol and heating pad were my best friends during that first week.

Tammy :)

on this note....regarding the childrens tylenol?  I keep thinking about this......for someone my size 275ish we would have to take a bottle full of childrens tylenol LOL  How many did you take, was it the liquid, or chewables or the sublingual?? Thanks!

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

lammytee14
on 4/18/15 10:02 pm, edited 4/19/15 6:42 am

My discharge papers from the hospital said to take 4tsp (almost a full "shot glass" that comes with the bottle) every 4 to 6 hours...that's 5 dosages per bottle. I also tried all the flavours...I recommend grape or berry banana. Cherry is okay...it's the flavour they gave me in the hospital. Bubble gum was nasty.

I would suggest you contact your centre to double-check that it's okay that you take this. It's probably okay but everyone is different.

Leanne1
on 4/19/15 5:59 am - Newmarket, Canada

Take what your surgeon/team tells you to take. 

I am shocked that some centres tell people to take children's anything.. We are adults and should take adult meds. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

lammytee14
on 4/19/15 6:41 am

I figured they suggested children's tylenol since I'm only 1 month post-op and can't swallow a regular tylenol pill...what other option do we have?

Agree...take what an individual's centre prescribes...only sharing what was on MY discharge papers. :)

Leanne1
on 4/19/15 6:54 am - Newmarket, Canada

I was told by my centre (twh) to invest in a pill cutter. 

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

mum2TNT
on 4/17/15 7:13 am - Oshawa, Canada

I am not much help as I am still pre-op but from everything I have read.....it seems like each day is better than the last!  Keep your chin up, sip sip sip and walk walk walk :)  HUGS

Chrissy  ~~~  doctor referral May 29/14; info session Aug 18/14surgeon appt Dr. Starr  Oct 15/14dietitian, social worker & nurse Dec 11/142nd appts dietitian, SW & nurse Jan 19/15;  Dr. Glazer Feb 25/15; 2 weeks OPTIFAST April 15/15; surgery date April 29/15    AGE: 48   HEIGHT: 5'6"  

Most Active
Recent Topics