Dizziness

Funnyguy
on 4/26/15 9:10 am, edited 4/26/15 9:58 am

Hi Everyone

I've been reading all the posts for some time and appreciate all the information out there. It's been very helpful.  

I'm 8 weeks out and I've lost about 55lbs including the optifast.  Things are great.  I'm eating and drinking well and managing the vitamins.  I've been for my follow-up appointment and I've seen my GP a couple times as well and health wise all is good.  

In the last few weeks I have found the need to take 30 seconds to get my bearings when I stand.  I find I'm quite light headed when I stand and it takes me a moment.  

Anyone have any experience with this or thought?

Thanks 

SKmammabear
on 4/26/15 9:53 am

I have felt that once in a while.  In my case, I think it's just my body getting used to having less weight and trying to get used to the different equilibrium.  I asked my doc about it and they said it is normal because of the rapid weight loss.  It has gotten better because of eating more protein now.  He just said I need to not move so rapidly.  It will get better.  Congrats on the 55 pounds down!!

Peppermint73
on 4/26/15 11:14 am - Canada

Oh is that what that is?! I am 6 weeks out and have had a few woozy spells for the last couple of days. Good to know. I was going to call my NUT tomorrow and ask her about that. 

DustyB
on 4/26/15 1:27 pm - Canada

Could possibly be low blood pressure.

BluIzGal
on 4/26/15 1:59 pm - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I'm coming up on three years post-op and still suffer from bouts of dizziness.  When I've spoken to both TWH and my own family doctor I was advised it was orthostatic hypotension (postural hypotension).  I find the frequency of these bouts have decreased though my blood pressure is still ridiculously low.  I find it happens more if I'm even slightly dehydrated.  Another recommendation my doctor made was not to sit with my legs crossed. 

Patricia

Patm
on 4/26/15 2:32 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Mine has actually improved the further out I am. But to add to what Patricia said siting with your feet up can cause it as well. I often sit in a lounger. I have to make sure I lower my legs and sit for a moment before standing.

Mazey_x
on 4/26/15 3:38 pm - Peterborough, Canada
VSG on 08/19/14

I'm 8 months out and have this issue everytime I stand up or move too quickly.  my blood pressure is rediculously low which is the cause.  My doctor told me to out salt on everything to help balance it out, which I never thought I'd hear him say.  It actually doesn't even help and I'm in limbo when it comes to how to fix it.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

1. Referal: Aug 17th 2011            Orientation:Nov ,2011 Nurse Practitioner: Dec 22nd 2011   Social Worker: Dec 22nd 2011 Nutrition Class: April 3rd, 2012       Dietitian:April 3rd, 2012 Psychologist:April 2nd, 2012    
  2. Follow up Dietitian: November 16th 2012  Follow up Psychologist: August 28th 2012     Surgeon Meeting:Feb 17, 2012     2nd Surgeon Meeting: April 2014         VSG Surgery Date: Aug 19th 2014
Karen M.
on 4/26/15 7:14 pm - Mississauga, Canada

I also have very low blood pressure and take Midodrine, you may want to ask about it.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

redviking
on 4/27/15 1:34 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 07/22/14

I went through some low blood sugar issues. I talked to my centre and they had me monitor my blood sugar with a glucometer for about a month.  I was able to get things under control by adding fruit into my routine and making sure I was having an afternoon snack.  

I still get dizzy once in a while now, but it's more due to dehydration and has a kind of different brain fog type feeling.  

Talk to your Dr. and/or call your centre.  I had some scary moments, driving when you're dizzy is not good. 

Sonja

Referral: Nov 12   Sleep Study: Feb 13   Orientation: Feb 13  1st appt NSWD: May 13   2nd appt NSWD July 13  2nd Sleep Study: Dec 13   Post Op Nut: April 14 Meet Dr. Pereira-Hong: May 14  PATTS: July 8 14   Surgery: July 22 14

Most Active
Recent Topics