What are you eating/doing today (Monday)

birdiegirl
on 5/25/15 2:47 am, edited 5/25/15 2:57 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Just 'stuff' on the go today - groceries for sure and helping a friend.  I try to go low on my calories at least once per week while trying to lose a bit - today is the day if I can make it thru

STEPS - 5879

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

L - Grilled chicken on greens

D - 6 oz sea bass

broccoli

S - Source yogurt with sprinkle of fibre one and dollop of cool whip

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 976,  Carbs - 42 Grams,  Fat - 44 Grams,  Protein - 105 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one 

Julz1974
on 5/25/15 3:06 am - Bowmanville, Canada

Good morning all, hope you all had a fab weekend and are set to tackle the week ahead!  Running around for me today but all uneventful things to pick up and do.  I am sure it will make for a long day.  Birdie good luck on your low cal day.  Have a good one all!

water, pills

b- oatmeal

s- pure protein shake

l- chicken with salad

s- cheese and cucumber

d- chicken and veg stir fry

s- Greek yogurt

cheers!

Karen M.
on 5/25/15 3:27 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good looking menu, Julz - enjoy your day :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 5/25/15 3:36 am

Good morning everyone.  I had a terrible time trying to log in yesterday.  Kept getting error messages when I tried, even when I tried logging in from my phone.

Today it's swimming, no laps, just aquafit.  Pat has inspired me to try laps, so maybe I will try some next week.  The rest of the day is errands, paperwork and household drudgery.  While I was in the US a week ago, I picked up two flavours of Blue Diamond almond coffee series, one is caramel macchiato, and one is mocha,  Haven't tried the mocha ones yet, but the caramel are yummy.

10 months post op

B. Large decaf and a protein coffee before swinming

S. Another protein coffee, this one is Chike

L. Chicken, avocado, salsa small whole wheat wrap

S. Greek yogurt vanilla dark chocolate flavour

D. Sashimi, didn't get this last Friday and have had a craving.

S. Kefir mango protein shake and a few almonds

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 5/25/15 4:31 am - Mississauga, Canada

Those almonds sound delicious, how's the sugar content? A lady who used to post here made homemade cinnamon-dusted and cocoa-dusted almonds and I have yet to try doing it but your almonds got me thinking (craving loll).

Karen

crqvingchange
on 5/25/15 12:24 pm

These almonds are yummy. The stats are the same for both flavours.  

Serving 1 oz. 24 nuts

Calories 160

Fat 13 grams

Carbs 7 grams with fibre 3 grams and sugars 3 grans

Protein 6 grams

I would never eat the while 24 nuts, but a few pack a lot of flavour.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 5/25/15 3:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Barb, I'd be white-knuckling without snacks throughout the day - good on you.

Busy day at work, going to check out a different coffee-stash store after work as, unlike Tanya's Koffee Korner, mine truly sucks and seems like it's in "we're about to go out of business at any given moment" mode all the time, not sure what else but planning on an early night.

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek (cherry), a few grapes

L - I made egg salad but just the thought of it this morning is making me almost gag, will bring it along with veggies for dipping and a few melba rounds but it may change

S - muffin-tin crustless quiche, later: Chike protein iced coffee

D - leftover chicken & veggie stir fry (I've been craving this lately - who knows why but better than craving lasagna lol)

S - likely just coffee but a couple of ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups if I'm nibbly

Have a marvelous Monday,

K. :)

Karen

birdiegirl
on 5/25/15 3:36 am

I am "empty" most of the time....it gets tiresome.  However I will keep busy today and rely on water and coffee to get me thru.  If I just cant stand it I will have some ham roll ups to fill the void.

I am so close to another ten pound range I can taste it...and I really want it.  It has been 3 years since I was as low as I am now....want to get back to my best weight and all of those clothes waiting for me.  It amazing what 5 - 10 pounds makes in sizes.  I can maintain around 1500 or a little more if I am particularly active.   I can live with 1500 for life....it gives good variety and enough to keep hunger at bay - I just have to get there!

Karen M.
on 5/25/15 4:17 am - Mississauga, Canada

I have no doubt that you'll get there, you're doing all the right things. You're right about the 5-10 pounds making a huge difference in the fit (or not fit) of clothes at this stage. When I was morbidly obese I could gain or lose 30 pounds and it wouldn't make much a difference in my clothes at all. Good luck today!

Karen

kellybelly333
on 5/25/15 6:12 am - Toronto, Canada

Good luck Barb. I find Mondays are actually the worst for me to try and go lower. It's my rest day for training, and now both Saturday and Sundays are getting big for exercise that i'm still trying to figure out head hunger versus actual hunger on Mondays. I'm not sure if it's because i'm in a huge deficit from the weekend, or what. Plays around too much with my mind!!

Congrats on being lower than you have been in three years. Not an easy feat the further out we get!! 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics