What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

birdiegirl
on 5/27/15 2:33 am, edited 5/27/15 2:36 am

RNY  6 Years 1 Month Post Op

Morning

Taking a friend to some appointments today - home tonight.  Having a slow week and I am enjoying not running around and golfing every second day.

STEPS - 6532 plus 1 hour of weights

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

GNC protein drink - picked up vanilla ,chocolate and strawberry yesterday to try

L - 2 ham cheese roll ups

S - 2/3 package of Love Beets sweetfire marinade

D - Longo's hot chorizo sausage - 1 link

2 cups of sweet kale salad

D - 2 Jello S/F pudding cups with dollop of whip cream - FF

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,075,  Carbs - 80 Grams,  Fat - 43 Grams,  Protein - 87 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one 

crqvingchange
on 5/27/15 2:37 am

Good morning everyone.  Last night was not a good eating night for me.  For some reason I started snacking last night, and didn't stop.  Let's hope that today is better.  Woke up at 4:00 and couldn't get back to sleep, my mind was racing.  I know I have been under a lot of stress lately and I think it is starting to catch up with me.

Today I will be swimming, then it's a gentle yoga class ( I look forward to these now, and today I think I really need it), getting my hair done (this one's also hard as I can't decide if I should cut it off as it is very strangely), then tidying the house.

10 months post op

B. Large decaf which I am currently drinking

S. Protein shake of some sort

L. Chicken Greek salad (this was very good)

S. Few cherries and maybe some cheese

D. Chicken on a spring mix salad - This hot weather has me not wanting to cook.

S. Greek yogurt

Have a great day everyone. 

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 5/27/15 3:45 am - Mississauga, Canada

Stress is a killer and can lead to a lot of things, mind-racing and sleepless nights and stress-eating included. Hopefully you'll find some peace in yoga. I hear you on the hair thing - mine is quite long (for me) at the moment but not quite long enough to properly put it up or put it in a pony and the humidity is causing it (me!) distress. lol  I'm sure you'll look mah-vell-ous dah-ling!

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

new_me180
on 5/27/15 4:38 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all, hope all is well. Sorry CC you had a bad night yesterday, hope it's a better day today.

19 months post op

B - scrambled egg with cheese, 1/4 banana

L - 2 slices smoked turkey, 1/3 cup cucumbers, 2 tbsp parmesan cheese

S - 1oz pork chop, dolce de leche pudding cup

D - 2oz pork chop, 1/2 cup butternut squash and kale curry

S - earl gray tea, peanuts

Totals: 712 calories, 40 carbs, 34 fats 64 protein. Will add some more protein in there somewhere.

Have a great day all.

TanyaLH
on 5/27/15 4:50 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

CC I hope yoga helps your stress :), have a good day!

Karen M.
on 5/27/15 3:37 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Barb, I would imagine it would be pretty brutal out on the golf course in this humidity and really difficult to keep hydrated, good thing you're taking a break for a few days :)

Off-site training today and tomorrow - actually very enjoyable, I love any opportunity to learn and George-the-Instructor is very well-spoken and rather humourous. I finally stopped at that coffee-stash store and WOW, what a gorgeous store with as many boxes of Starbuck's my little heart desires. Home after, BBQ for dinner, maybe cards with Andrew - we're playing a penny a point and keeping a running tab for dinner out. Thus far, I owe him approximately one sub at Subway. lol (Since I keep losing!)

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - Premier protein shake

S - Source Greek (cherry), small handful of grapes

L - ham/cheese/pickle roll-ups (2), approx. 1 egg (egg salad), cucumber slices

S - probably just coffee with cream

D - 3-4 oz BBQ steak, grilled veggies on skewers, drizzle of honey-infused white balsamic vinegar, 1 Tbsp. parmesan petals

S - likely just coffee/tea, we'll see

Happy Hump Day!

K. :)

Karen

birdiegirl
on 5/27/15 3:47 am

Parmesan petals??? 

Karen M.
on 5/27/15 4:00 am - Mississauga, Canada

Ohhhhhh yes to the petals-of-heaven! It's shaved pieces of parmesan ("petals" is just a pretty way of saying that).  I usually do it myself but the other week at Costco, as I was doing my usual cheese stock-up, I noticed that they had a large container (600 g) of them for $9.99. The brand is Grande Cheese I believe and they are fabulous! Really fresh, nice quality and have "shaved" a lot of time off my parmesan chip making endeavours, notwithstanding the lovely "smelly feet" haze that hangs over my kitchen as I make them.

Karen

birdiegirl
on 5/27/15 4:14 am

I know that smell!  Yeah I purchase these too.  Though I prefer the reggiano coarsley grated - Longo's has this most of the time.

I cannot buy Costco bruschetta mix anymore.  It is addictive and I love it on wasa- mounds of it...or just eating it straight out of the container.

Karen M.
on 5/27/15 4:48 am - Mississauga, Canada

I keep forgetting to look for the bruschetta mix at Costco! Andrew's a huge fan of bruschetta (on a French stick, of course) but I love putting the mix on leftover sliced BBQ chicken breast and topping it with either mozzarella or parmesan and tossing it in the microwave 'til it's melty.

Thank you for the craving. lol

Karen

Most Active
Recent Topics