Lakota joint pain & bariatric instead of NSAIDs

lyshy
on 5/23/15 5:35 am - Canada

So I saw my surgeon yesterday (Dr reed Guelph) and asked him about Lakota joint pain as an alternative to NSAID Celebrex. He said I could not take this post-op because one of the roots or willow bark is an ingredient in Advil.  Yet at our support group, someone said THEIR surgeon said it was fine to take post-op.  Is this just a differing of opinions between Dr's?  Does anyone have any experience here?

link to Lakota info. http://www.nationalnutrition.ca/detail.aspx?ID=1757

Thanks all!

Guelph - Referral: August '14. Orientation: Oct 23/14. Nurse: Nov 26/14. Dietician/SW: Dec 12/14. Nurse 2/Dietician 2: Jan 20/15. SW 2: Jan 30/15 CLEARED by all 3! Feb '15: H Pylori testing.  Pre-surgery nutrition class: Mar 23/15.  Meet surgeon: May 22/15 with Dr.Reed   Surgeon Appt #2: June 16/15.  Surgery date: Aug 20/15.

Needanewbeginning
on 5/23/15 6:34 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

My pharmacist and surgeon agree that postops cannot take this. It is not a good alternative and is considered an NSAID.

I would be checking with a pharmacist as every centre/Dr/dietician will have their own take on things. 

Annette 👍

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Karen M.
on 5/23/15 10:38 am - Mississauga, Canada

I think the willow root is akin to ASA (aspirin), also on the "no" list, and that's why he advised against it.

As someone who has developed pretty awful arthritis in my hands/fingers the past couple of years, I would LOVE to find something to take that wouldn't cause ulcers or kill my liver.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Patm
on 5/23/15 12:53 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

The Lakota lotion burned my skin. I tossed it immediately

Most Active
Recent Topics