Bloating, gas and stools.

IamJoanie
on 5/24/15 1:44 pm - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/20/15

I am 5 weeks post-op RNY and have constant bloating and gas pain.  I also have issues with stools.  They are normal in every way but with the colour.  They are a light beige colour.  I mentioned this last week at my 4 week post op at TWH and the dietitian said they have never seen anybody with this problem and blamed it on what I eat.  It doesn't matter what I eat they all look the same.  I have researched this online and know what some if the issues could be but wonder if anybody else has had this problem?  I go back on the 27th to see my surgeon and will mention it to him but would like to know if I am alone with this problem. 

WereYorkie
on 5/24/15 11:33 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

Can you give us an example what exactly you eat in a day? Did you have this issue during Phase 1 and 2 after surgery?

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

IamJoanie
on 5/25/15 4:45 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/20/15

This has been happening since the beginning.  The bloating and gas is all day, the nausea is only at night.  The stools are only post surgery as well.  It doesn't matter what I eat.  I have tried to eliminate milk and dairy products to see if it is lactose intolerance with no luck.  I tried to avoid anything with gluten and that didn't help.  Yesterday I ate some oatmeal, apple sauce, poached egg, melba toast, mashed potatoes and carrots plus I had some protein shakes because I am trying to eliminate different items in my diet to see if I get any improvement so I didn't eat any meat at all yesterday.  I drink water but add the sugar free drink crystals or mixes to it for flavor.  I even tried to eliminate the flavours and only drink the water.  I also had a yogurt yesterday as well.  The only thing that has been consistent in my diet since the beginning has been protein powder which I was mixing and drinking the chocolate and using the plain to mix into other foods.  I was ok prior to surgery, this is all new since post surgery.  I will try to eliminate the protein powder as well in case that is what it is.  My medications have not changed with the exception of Colace and pantoloc after surgery.  The Colace has stopped but I am still taking the pantoloc.  I don't see that as being the problem.

Seyenna
on 5/25/15 5:27 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Above all else you should be eating protein forward meals. Perhaps try fish? I found tuna and deviled eggs to be easy on my tummy early out. 

On a personal note, I have had and continue to have many strange colors... green, beige, etc. I think it's a part of the malabsorption process.

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

IamJoanie
on 5/25/15 5:32 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/20/15

Fish for me didn't work  For one I don't like tuna or salmon but I tried some fish on the bbq and it didn't settle well in my tummy.  I have been pushing the protein over everything else though.  I will keep at it and figure out what is bugging my tummy but will also mention it to my surgeon on Wednesday. 

Seyenna
on 5/25/15 5:35 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

BBQ might dry it out too much. I found these bags of chicken from No Frills, I think. They're like 10 breasts to a bag for like 10 dollars in the cheap aisle? But they're bloated with water which makes them VERY soft and easy to eat, I gorged on those with alfredo sauce. I hope you feel better soon!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

IamJoanie
on 5/25/15 5:39 am - Oakville, Canada
RNY on 04/20/15

Was quite moist on the bbq though. I will figure it all out.  Still a learning curve.  I have yet to try eating whole meats.  I've tried ground but not quite ready for full yet.  Just on week 5 and don't want to pu****  I'm having enough issues as it is lol.  Thanks everyone for your input. 

cspotrun
on 5/25/15 5:43 am
RNY on 07/01/14

I had the same color for a few months. Then it went away. I have no idea why. But all normal now!

Karen   

Andie74
on 5/25/15 8:48 am
RNY on 05/05/15

I'm three weeks post-op and also have been having light beige stool.    It's a side effect of malnourishment and to be expected or so I've heard....  

Most Active
Recent Topics