Pre OP NSV's

DebColCam
on 5/25/15 11:25 am - Canada
Hello friends, I have has a couple of really good weeks in terms of getting myself prepared for surgery...Up until a few short weeks I wasn't sure about my decision to have the surgery yet again and almost ready to cancel the process again! I was feeling defeated and having a bunch of food funerals and telling myself that I could never give up my diet coke habit. But since I started journaling and looking a my food behaviors and reaching out and asking for help I realized I can do this....OMG No diet coke in seven days, that's one whole week....I think I CAN do this. Also found the courage to go to an OA meeting and met some very warm welcoming people. I really think that support groups will help me to address my "upstairs fat" WLS will take care of the downstairs!

5 yrs of research Starting for the second time...Referral Sept 28/17. Orientation Guelph Sept 28/17. Nurse Oct 10/17. Dietician & Social worker Nov. 21/17

Catw
on 5/25/15 12:35 pm - Arnprior, Canada

Hey Deb, congrats on reaching that goal (not drinking d. coke).  Be proud of it.  And, it's proof, you can do this.

Support groups, and your clinic can definitely help with the psychological part of this journey.  But as long as you reach out, there are plenty of resources available.  And there is always someone who's been there to show you that you aren't alone.

Keep up the good work!

Cathy

Patm
on 5/25/15 1:45 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Kicking the coke was a great start congratulations. Sounds like you will do great with the support you have

MeltingMindyLoo
on 5/25/15 4:17 pm - Sudbury, ON, Canada
RNY on 07/21/15

Diet Coke habits are tough.  Way to go.  And well done taking steps to address the "upstairs fat."  That is such a great description of it.  And those will be tools you can use forever!

37yo, 5'8". HW: 396lbs, CW: 276.6

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/22/15 12:46 pm - Canada

Congratulations!! That is awesome! Great job reaching that goal! I have also thought of checking out a OA group! It is good to hear that they were supportive! 

Referral- Oct 24th, 2014//Info Session HRRH- Dec 15th, 2014//Meet w/Surgeon (Dr. Hagen)- June 17th, 2015//Trio Appointment- July 21st, 2015

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard

Most Active
Recent Topics