What are you eating/doing today? (Tuesday)

Karen M.
on 6/23/15 4:41 am - Mississauga, Canada

Morning all :)

Hellllllo summer! I am loving the warm weather these days and am so looking forward to spending some quality time in my new backyard.... if they ever fini**** lol I am happy to report that I now (mostly) have patio stones instead of a mud/gravel pit, a shiny new pretty fence and it just might be finished today. 

Question for home owners: Due to the complex rules, I have to stain my fence in that ugly rust red (I truly despise this but I do understand their desire for uniformity). I would really love to pain the inside of the fence boards/slats in a more appealing (to me) colour - white, yellow, green, blue, anything other than rust red. Is this going to be a lesson in frustration? If I am careful not to drip etc. onto the exterior of the boards is it possible? Thank you.

Off to work shortly and trying to compress my week (read: get all my **** done) so I can take Friday off - so far so good, I'm ahead of the game. Not sure what else I'll get up to today, just the usual "get the house crap done".

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 3 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana cream )

S - Source Greek (cherry), 5 grapes (yes I'm anal and I counted them lol)

L - garden salad, 1 slice bacon crumbled up, 2.5 oz chicken, sprinkle of sunflower seeds, poppy seed dressing

S - 2 Vinta CRACKers with old cheddar on top, later: Nestea Zero (meh.)

D - BBQ burger all the fixings no bun

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

BluIzGal
on 6/23/15 4:58 am - Canada
RNY on 07/10/12

I was allowed to stain the floor (if you'd call it that) of the deck. I'd definitely call your condo board to find out what they allow. I put up a bracket to hang a basket which wasn't the problem... I used a $20 hook instead of their ugly $3 one and was threatened with legal action if I didn't remove it by a set date. Can you believe it... that was their first communication with me!  While I live the maintenance free living, I'm not a fan of all the rules. 

Patricia

Karen M.
on 6/23/15 10:24 am - Mississauga, Canada

Oh good lord, you've got to be kidding me. Andrew keeps saying we should replace the backyard wall light fixture and I keep telling him NO, because they all have to be the same - he doesn't believe me, but I'm sure I'd get the same threatening letter. LOL

Karen

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/15 4:59 am - Bumfuknowhere, Canada

Are they staining it for the first time then you have to keep it up or are they staining one side then expect you to stain your own side?  Stain penetrates the wood so if they stain it, it might be tough to paint on top of it and not have the red seep through.  If you do paint, be prepared to scrape and paint almost annually.  Paint bubbles and looks like crap whereas stain goes right in and you can get away with not touching it for years.  I think if it was me, I'd learn to live with the reddish stain as it will be less work in the long run for you.  Hang garden things on your side of the fence to jazz it up and cover some of the red.  I bet I know exactly what color you mean, the marina where we dock, has all their slips and docks that color and I hate it.

crqvingchange
on 6/23/15 5:33 am

I have in the past stain one side of a fence white, and try as I might I still got drips through to the other side.  My suggestion would be that if it is not a huge area to hang some of those decorative panels that have bright colourful art on them.  They are meant to be used outside, but I think I would bring them inside in the winter.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 6/23/15 10:28 am - Mississauga, Canada

Hmmm... what is a decorative art panel? Or more clearly, where would I find these?

Karen

crqvingchange
on 6/23/15 11:21 am

http://www.amazon.ca/Toland-Home-Garden-Fabulous-119533/dp/B00GQTYZ0A/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1435083371&sr=8-24&keywords=garden+flags

I meant this sort of thing Karen.  They come in so many sizes, some as large as 4x5`.   And some beautiful scenes.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 6/23/15 10:26 am - Mississauga, Canada

Yes it will be the first ever stain on it and what you said is what I feared - that the stain would soak in and through, and I'm sure you're right. I was momentarily hopeful. Yes, will definitely hang plants/flowers on it and live with the rust-red. Boo.

Karen

crqvingchange
on 6/23/15 5:40 am

Good morning everyone.  I had to go for bloodwork this morning.  Guelph had asked for at least 20 tests.  When I got home, I gobbled up half a chicken breast and 2 slices of brisket.  I hate fasting tests, they leave you so hungry in the morning.

Today it's paperwork, a nap (stupid weather kept me awake half of the night), household drudgery and a quiet night at home with DH.

11 months post op

B. Half a cooked chicken breast, and 2 slices of beef brisket

S. Large decaf coffee and an iced coffee protein shake

L. Steak fajita without the tortilla

S. Source Greek yogurt

D. Half of a Flatout Flatbread pizza - That finishes the package of Flatouts that I bought last summer

S. Sweetened ricotta with black cherries

Have a great day everyone.

Patm
on 6/23/15 6:06 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. Didn't swim yesterday and can't today. Went for a short walk this morning but really need to get back in the pool tomorrow. I am having trouble getting into the spirit of going away next week. Have so far done nothing. Hopefully get my act together tonight.

b greek yogurt, granola, strawberries

s snap pea crisps

l chili, source yogurt

s hummus kit

d chicken, salad, asperagus

s sf chocolate pudding

cal 854, carb 95 prot 65, May ad some protein powder to my pudding to bring my protein up a bit

Most Active
Recent Topics