NS...almost victory....

PepperBB
on 6/26/15 8:34 pm - Canada

Okay so I am over 1.5 yrs out of surgery and am in the best shape of my life ever. I have always been a crazy active person, but I have finally done it..I have signed up for the Spartan Race! I am a bit scared, but really excited to do it. I feel like this is going to be a great test for me, I work out and I am still really active, but this is new for me. 3 weeks and counting!

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

Andream33
on 6/26/15 8:49 pm - Drayton Valley, Canada

Way to go PepperBB, you can do it! You have done so much to get where you are! You can do this!! 

crqvingchange
on 6/27/15 2:41 am

That is amazing. Good for you for pushing the boundaries and challenging yourself.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Zizzler
on 6/27/15 4:20 am

That is so cool!  I am thinking of doing that next year, this year I don't think I am quite there. Have you been training for it?  If so, how did you train? Please let us know how the race goes for you, I have heard so many good things about it...

PepperBB
on 6/27/15 12:51 pm - Canada

I have started to train outside of what I was doing which was the gym and sports. Starting to run more, the coarse is just over 5 km and I think 10 obstacles. So learning to do pull-ups and strengthening my arms and legs. We will see if it pays off in the end. Its a small one, but I am good with this as my starter race.

I will let you know how it goes! No time like the present right? LOL

Katie H.

Referral January 2013 - Orientation at TWH March 4  -  Social Worker May 27 - Nurse Practitioner July 11 - Nutrition Class August 26 - Dietitian September 4 - Psychologist September 4, Meeting with Surgeon September 13 - Surgery October 28

kellybelly333
on 6/29/15 7:15 am - Toronto, Canada

That's great!! You will do awesome. Use that new found energy and go go go!!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

This G.
on 6/29/15 2:22 pm - Canada

Oh, you will have so much fun!

i want to do the prison race when I'm able to run again! So excited

Most Active
Recent Topics