1 year complete

Almostthere1966
on 6/27/15 7:27 am - Canada

Hey there my online Bariatric (sp) friends

Yeap it was just 1 year ago yesterday I began the fun filled adventure of life with a smaller tummy.

Ok first couple of goals have been made and stuck to so thats the good news. I am still below 300 pounds and yeap now a smidge below 250. So extrememly happy about that. LOL always on the go, if not walking and running a business from home I am out doing phsyio therapy to regain full walking ability and firm up and of course just to meet new people in my city.

I am runnning into a tiny problem and perhaps some others could advise. I do not have a pancreas so will always need some Insulin injections. But low blood sugars are often and causeing trouble. No foods are not being used unless absolute emergency but juice is the normal procedure. I do not want to hinder the weight lose and my clinic has said I wont lose any more weight since the year has come to an end. Thats where I need advise and or encouragement and words of wisdom please. What should I do? I feel in my heart that I can continue to lose weight slowly for a while longer.  Is this a pipe dream? or doable?

Glad to be back even if just a for a quick visit, nice to see a few familiar faces and many new people on the board. 

Take care and Have fun  and stay safe

Kathy

Karen M.
on 6/28/15 8:44 am - Mississauga, Canada

Happy 1 Year :)  Its been a long time since we have heard from you, glad you are doing well.

There is no reason that you cannot continue to lose, despite what your centre may have told you.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Seyenna
on 6/28/15 8:49 am - Welland, Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

I can't see why it's not doable. No matter which surgery you had, you should still have the restriction. I know I'm only 6.5 months but I feel like sticking to the original plan should still work for you - protein first, drink lots of water, avoid carbs, use my fitnesspal. Good luck!

Referral - Feb 25th, 2014. Info Session - April 7th 
Surgeon#1 - May 15th  Dr. Glazer - July 23rd, Dietitian/Social Worker/RN - Aug 1st, Surgeon #2 - Sept 10th, Surgery - Dec 16th, 2014!

Almostthere1966
on 7/1/15 8:56 am - Canada

Thanks ladies, greatly appreciated. I also feel everything is doable just in a tad longer time frame.

Happy Canada Day, hope everybody is happy, healthy and aiming for the stars :)

I will try to pop in a bit more frequently  to keep in touch and keep motivated .

Kathy

Most Active
Recent Topics