female issues - cramps

Nikki101
on 6/30/15 7:43 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

so... yay my female time has come back on its own since surgery without medication.  BUT, it has come back with a vengeance. I have cramps for about a week before... then gets worse during... horribly worse during. then lasts lasts a couple days after. 

So, I guess my question is ladies, what do you do to relieve the pain? I'm not much for medication but I have tried Tylenol with no real success.   I can't speak to my doctor  until Friday.

Catw
on 7/1/15 5:29 am - Arnprior, Canada

There is a Tylenol Menstral, and I find it works better than regular tylenol for that type of pain.  But definitely talk to your Doc.  I was getting severe cramps after surgery, and ended up on the pill again (just for the pain, wouldn't trust it for a contraceptive post surgery).  Maybe something like that would help, if not the pill, another form of contraceptive.

Cathy

Nikki101
on 7/1/15 7:19 am - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I'll have to look for that!

I'm trying the patch.. see if it helps with them... won't help for this month though. lol.  though hormonal birth control and me have huge issues... so I don't see it going well... hoping but still not aure on it.

Dreamy74
on 7/2/15 8:21 am
RNY on 02/04/15

Hi Nikki

I have always had bad cramps as I have PCOS too.  I am 4.5 months out from surgery and my periods are starting to get regular, albeit still  longish (7 to 10 days).  My doctor and I tried Tylenol 3 and it didn't do much so she recently prescribed me something called Tramadol which is not an anti-inflammatory.  The prescription said to take 2 every 6 hours but I only need to take 1 and it pretty much kills the cramps for the whole day.  I am day 6 into my period today and I only had to take the Tramadol once on day 1.  You could suggest that to your doctor.  There is also a herbal remedy I used to use before surgery through a naturopath called cramp bark and I had relief from that.  Not sure if it is safe after RNY my naturopath is checking around with her colleagues to find out and I should know the next time I see her.

Hope this helps!

It isn't easy being green - Kermit the Frog

Nikki101
on 7/2/15 4:15 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

thanks. I'll mention it to my gyno. my period is coming on its own.. not sure how my pcos will be affected. but I'm definitely checking st my next spot with my gyno. just didn't help me the 2 days I was in huge pain. lol. my periods are longer than they used to be... but thankfully not 7-10. I'd go crazy I think. though I do have over over a week of spotting before and after.  so... I guess it's kind of close. lol.

butbut will Def see about the pain stuff when I go again :)

LittleMiss2013
on 7/2/15 12:01 pm, edited 7/2/15 12:01 pm - Canada
RNY on 10/22/13

I have suffered odd "lady" side effects every since surgery almost 2 years ago. One being cramps....KILLER cramps. Pre-op I would get uncomfortable cramps on the first day of my cycle and then I would be fine. Post op......it is like giving birth no lie. I am lamaze breathing, bent over, feeling like I am going to DIE and I can't even eat chocolate to make myself feel better!

There is a reason nature makes you wait 9 months before you can have another baby....so you can get over and forget the trauma you went through the first time, lol.

I take percocet for another issue.....and it would not even TOUCH this pain. I can't imagine the amount I would have to take to make it go away but I am guessing more than I am willing to take. After seeing several Dr's they diagnosed me with Adnomyosis (which I'm not sure I actually have since so many post-op people have these horrible cramps). It can't be truly diagnosed until they remove your uterus. I have been taking LoEstrin birth control for 2 months now non-stop in an attempt to stop my cycle all together. The dr said it is normal to have some spotting and cramps the first 3 months...but the first month on the pill I had a period that lasted 10 days (mine are normally 5 days), and right now out of the blue I am cramping like crazy. The next steps I was told would be looking at an IUD to stop periods if I "malabsorb" the pill and it doesn't work, or finally... a hysterectomy. Having had 2 children I can tell you that these cramps are way worse. I would reach up and yank out my own uterus if I could, lol.

So I fully feel your pain and have tons of sympathy for you. It sucks...like SUPER sucks. I have not found a solution yet, but during my own research have read that some post-ops have IUD's and are happy with them. Here is a link to all the Obesity Helps posts that are about IUD's. Maybe you will find some helpful info there. Good luck and hope you feel better soon

http://www.obesityhelp.com/search/action,search_oh/?q=IUD&cx =000946886326336472648%3Ae-vpeg4uyxw&cof=FORID%3A9

Opti October 1. PATTS October 8th and RNY Surgery October 22, 2013

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Nikki101
on 7/2/15 8:06 pm - Canada
RNY on 02/02/15

I cramp on and off for the week leading up... and my cycle alpes to be short this month... 3 days.  so luckily I'm feel tons better today. 

uuh agent had any children and drink what I understand iuds are more for people who have had children.  and either contain a hormone or metal... I don't do well doth the hormones and tend to get rashes from most metals.   :(

I'm trying the patch currently. .. well see how that goes since I'm also allergic to most adhesives.  fave the nurse quite quite a scare when she went to adjust that neck monitor and half my neck was red and swollen .... 

so.... trial sb error i guess.  pre op with the medication to start it I got some cramps the curse dsy then nothing. ...or nine st all. before then my period was 1-2 days for for a while 3 before that but only cramps the first day and so on time I could fell toy it was starting Saturday morning around 11am. lol.

but i did have horrible killer cramps in my teens....  I remember missing school because I couldn't get out of bed... so I guess I'm back to those. lol

Most Active
Recent Topics