Race this Weekend - Half IronMan in Muskoka

kellybelly333
on 7/3/15 7:24 am - Toronto, Canada

Hi all,

Just thought i'd let you know that i'm attempting my second half IronMan this weekend. Last year's race didn't go so well for me, but I finished (dehydrated, but I finished). WIth better training, and more knowledge, I go into this very VERY hilly course with a new attitude. It's being considered as a training race for me, with my big race at the end of the summer (Full IronMan). I get a cute third medal for doing the two Muskoka races. It's called the Tough Toonie. Slightly nervous about this weekend. REALLY nervous for August 30th. This training takes up a whole lotta time! :-) Good thing my kids are into it and I have a great hubby/coach to feed us all, offer great advice, stretch me after, and cheer me on at every race......except for this one. He's working the PanAm Games and has a meeting on Sunday. Waterpolo starts Monday (he's officiating Waterpolo games....you'll see him if you watch it on tv).

Anyhow, just another thing I am grateful to have had my RNY...my tool got me on the road to a very active, and healthy life. I wouldn't change it for the world! 

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Catw
on 7/3/15 7:56 am - Arnprior, Canada

Just wanted to wish you luck on your race this weekend!  I'm sure it will go better than last year!

Cathy

roxytrim
on 7/3/15 8:12 am - Cobourg, Canada
VSG on 04/12/13

Kelly, we are all IronManning with you (in our imaginations) You've got this - experience & perserverence always pay off 

They need to change it to IronPerson or something.  

kellybelly333
on 7/3/15 10:20 am - Toronto, Canada

Yeah, they have an "IronGirl" series....but it's for a Sprint (short) distance. Makes it worse somehow.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

highlandbear
on 7/3/15 1:33 pm - Canada

You will be great and just remember the important thing. finish upright and smiling. Keep in mind that you are using this as a training for the big race. You have worked hard at it you know the course so go for it. In case you have not heard there is practice weekend coming up in July up there for the Ironman. Have fun this weekend

Zizzler
on 7/4/15 1:07 am

That is so cool, I hope the weather cooperates for this event.  Have a great time and let us know how this go.

Leanne1
on 7/4/15 5:38 pm - Newmarket, Canada

You can dooooo iiiiiit!! :-D 

Ahhhhhhh, the stretching! (next time, I MUST get video... Lol)

BELOW GOAL        Happily maintaining 4.5 years out!!   Life is GREAT!!!  Had my plastic surgery! 

Needanewbeginning
on 7/6/15 5:23 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

Been thinking bout ya, hope you did as well as you hoped too! Your such an inspiration! 

Annette

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

Most Active
Recent Topics