6 Months and 121 lbs gone!!!

msmuggins
on 7/6/15 5:01 am - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted in awhile because, well, things have been crazy busy and I've been out living the new life that the surgery has given me. Yesterday was my 6 month Surgiversary and it's amazing how much weight I've lost and how much healthier I am now in only 6 months. I've lost 121 lbs from my highest weight **** from my pre-surgery weight). Everything has changed. I'm constantly told that I look at least 10 years younger, I can travel comfortably (no more seatbelt extender and uncomfortable flights!), I no longer have to use a CPAP (sleep apnea gone!).  And I'm dating again, which is a whole novel in itself (lol).  I have all my six month follow-up appointments at TWH today, so if any of you are there too, please come and say hi - I'm the tall, dare I say almost skinny, blonde with a huge smile on her face. 

Those of you who are still on the fence about the surgery (I was right up to the last month before I was scheduled for it) know that it will likely be the best decision you ever make in your life. And it is true what I used to hear the vets say...my only regret is not having done it sooner. 

Hope everyone is well and thanks again to all the people on this site who gave me support before and after the surgery!

Gina. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

This G.
on 7/6/15 5:31 am - Canada

Gina that is amazing!!!!! :)

msmuggins
on 7/6/15 1:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks!!!  I'm so glad I went forward with the surgery. It has been truly life changing. 

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

NorthernStar
on 7/6/15 11:48 am - London, Canada
RNY on 06/25/12

Nice!!

*Lindsey*

Keeping off 133 lbs since 2012!

Referral to Bariatric Registry: May 2011   /   Surgery (HRRH): June 25, 2012         

msmuggins
on 7/6/15 1:55 pm - Canada
RNY on 01/05/15

Thanks!

~ Per aspera ad astra ☆彡 

Hidingaway
on 7/6/15 7:11 pm

Gina

im totally new to this forum but reading your post made me think I'm doing the right thing

tricia lynch
on 7/6/15 8:37 pm - thorold, Canada

AWESOME JOB.. Stories like yours gives us waiting so much encouragement :) congrats on your new journey

Butterfly-Kisses
on 7/6/15 9:09 pm - Canada

You have every reason to have a HUGE smile on your face.  You have done fantastic😊

jaxie77
on 7/7/15 4:16 am - Canada
RNY on 12/16/14

Wow Gina !! You are totally rocking this ! Well done darlin , I am with you on everything you said in your post , it is a total life changer and worth every minute of the shaky , scary and undecided parts . It's amazing how much life can change in such a short time . Keep it up Missus ! You're a wee star 

Jax xx

Kathy S.
on 7/7/15 1:13 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
Recent Topics