What are you eating/doing today (Wednesday)

TanyaLH
on 7/22/15 1:13 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years 1 month post op

steps 12846

Morning Ladies,

Hope everyone had a good day yesterday :)

Did anyone experience joint pain after weight loss?  Or am I just getting old....

My Friday today, no plans except for work and the gym. What is everyone up too.

Think I might hit Costco up again for the Chicken Salad...will see what the day brings.

B protein coffee 3/4 c ff cottage cheese, w/ chickpeas and sunflower seeds

S GNC Vanilla Bean shake

L Homemade cauliflower crust pizza w/ lots of veggies

D same as lunch w/ alittle salad of some kind

S tea I think and 1Source greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 7/22/15 2:50 am

RNY  6 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

Sorry Tanya but I think the joint pain is just age!  Good to get checked out just in case.  I look like a drunk when I get up after sitting post golf.  All bent over and tiny steps until my joints give in a bit - only then can I straighten up! 

Mani/pedi this morning followed by some meetings later on.  I will be popping into the house in between to eat my meals and snacks

STEPS - 17, 332

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

Premier protein shake

S - 1 oz hard parmesan

L - 1.5 cups of home made steak and veggie soup

1 TB of parmesan on top

S - small piece of ricotta bake

D - Cobb salad

S - Oikos Greek 0% cherry yogurt

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,028,  Carbs - 59 Grams,  Fat - 49 Grams,  Protein - 89 Grams

All water and vits

Have a great one  

Patm
on 7/22/15 3:39 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Thankfully got some sleep yesterday. Feel a little more awake today. I almost wish I had a fitbit again yesterday with all the walking I did.

Pan Am then work today. This is the last week for the games. Looking forward to a week break before Para Pan.

b banana and peanut butter

s apple

l ?

s grapes

d chicken, salad, peas

s ?

Too much fruit today but will cut back tomorrow

birdiegirl
on 7/22/15 4:12 am

Glad you got some sleep.  Makes everything better eh?  You sure have been working hard Pat.

crqvingchange
on 7/21/15 10:34 pm, edited 7/21/15 10:35 pm

Tanya I'm sorry that you are having joint pain.  I also have pain, but as Barb says, I'm not sure if it is WLS related or old age.  Last night I had the worst spasm or cramp that started in one leg where my toes pulled up involuntarily and the pain was in the front in my shin.  Checked my blood sugar and it was high, then within an hour it dropped below 4, then the weird cramp started in the other leg.  Dinner I had way too many cherries and not very much protein, so I messed up. 

Barb enjoy your mani-pedi.  Pat I'm so glad that you finally got a good night's sleep. Tanys, I may be making a trip to Costco in 2 weeks and I will look for that salad.

Yesterday went very well at my Centre.  Nurse said that I should limit myself to 1 decaf coffee a day and no other coffee jus****er.  You'd think she had just taken away my brand new puppy, I was that sad.  Then the NUT said I could have as much decaf during the day as I want.  Who's advice do you think I'm going to take ROFLMFAO.  The appointments went really well, and I realized that I had come so far since I last saw them in February when I was using a walker.  They were all happy with my weightloss and with my bloodwork.  Dr. Agarwal was a sweetie, and very complimentary.  Next week I go back to see my surgeon.

Today is going to be a quieter day.  Some general cleanup around the house and maybe some gardening.  My legs still ache from the spasming last night, but thankfully the cramping has stopped and I can walk.

1 year post op

B. Large decaf, salmon burger with a poached egg on top and a few slices of avocado

S. Large decaf

L. Smoked chicken sausage in tomato basil flavour

S. Large decaf iced, Source Greek Yogurt in vanilla/dark chocolate

D. Beef Brisket with a little gravy, zucchini, mushrooms and peppers

S. Turkey rollups with cheese and pickles inside

Have  a great day everyone.  The sun is shining here.  This is the weather we longed for during the horrible winter.  Enjoy.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 7/22/15 6:05 am - Mississauga, Canada

Those are the exact same leg/foot/toe/shin cramps/spasms that I've been whining about for months. :/

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

crqvingchange
on 7/22/15 6:11 am

I just assumed that yours were the regular kind where the calf goes rock hard.  Have you every found an explanation for this strange kind of cramp?

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

Karen M.
on 7/22/15 6:23 am - Mississauga, Canada

Nope. The only explanation I can think of is being a little too dehydrated due to meds which also leads to a lack of potassium in my system, which I am supplementing daily. My doctor is at a loss as well, other than the fluid/potassium issue. These wake me from a dead sleep and I have to walk the floors to get it to ease for anywhere from 15 minutes to an hour, chugging water. Hopefully yours was an isolated incident.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Zizzler
on 7/22/15 6:49 am

CC and Karen I am getting those same spasms too, omg they hurt and I do not remember getting them before surgery.  I will mention this at my appointment at my centre, see if they recommend potassium as well, in the meantime gonna try to stay hydrated.

crqvingchange
on 7/22/15 12:13 am, edited 7/22/15 12:15 am

Zizzler I never had these kind of spasms before surgery.  I would often get the kind that wakes you in the night where your calf goes rock hard and you have to pull your toes up and take deep breathes before it lets up.  But these cramps are totally different.  This is the second time I have had one, the first being mid-June but it was nowhere near as painful as last night's and that one I could have walked on.  Last night the cramp came on slowly over a minute (the calf ones are sudden and intense) and the foot was articulating up towards the shin. Then the shin went into painful spasm and the toes started curling in a weird way.  My whole foot was contorted and the ankle would not move almost like it was frozen.  I would not have been able to walk on it.  DH got me water and I took 2 Metformin that I had from before surgery, he also got me a heating pad which I put on my shin and after about 5 minutes I could move my foot.  My blood sugar reading was 10.3 which is a high for me, but not so high that I would call a doctor.  Within an hour my blood sugar was 3.8.  This was the same scenario that happened in June with my blood sugar dropping.  Now that I think of it, yesterday I did not have anything to drink after 3:30.  I had at least 12 glasses from the morning until then, and had been peeing like a race horse, lol.  I don't take calcium, potassium, or magnesium.  Karen it may be that it is a combination of dehydration and low mineral levels.  

Most Active
Recent Topics