What are you eating/doing today? (Thursday)

crqvingchange
on 7/23/15 2:05 am

Good morning everyone.  It promises to be another nice day out there today.  

Today I plan to go swimming, do some more gardening, general house cleanup, meet a friend for coffee, and finish some paperwork (this project is thankfully coming to a close).

1 year post op

B. Large decaf, 2 turkey sausages with 1 egg and a little spicy ketchup

S. Iced decaf protein coffee

L. Salmon burger on thin One Bun with few slices of avocado and some fresh salsa

S. Iced coffee at  Starbucks

D. Smoked chicken sausage with fresh salsa, a few cherries

S. Source Greek Yogurt in Vanilla/Dark Chocolate flavour

Have a great day everyone.  Enjoy the sunshine and soak up that Vitamin D.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

birdiegirl
on 7/23/15 3:56 am

RNY  6 Years 3 Months Post Op

Morning

CC your lunch sounds delicious. 

Picked up a banana GNC shake yesterday so will try it today.  I still enjoy the premier protein shakes and am not sick of them 6 years out.  However I am going to give this flavor a try.  I liked the vanilla but couldn't drink the GNC chocolate or strawberry.

Long day ahead today - driver picking me up late this morning to go to a golf day that includes lunch and fine dining afterwards.  Its an annual day to thank former board chairs and they do it up first class.  So it will be me and 50 men..lol.  I can handle myself and don't take any guff.  Always lots of great conversation and ribbing so I give as good as I get. 

STEPS - 8664

EATS

B - 2 large mugs of coffee

GNC banana protein shake

S - 3 slices of lean deli ham

L - Grilled chicken breast with a spoon or two of whatever salad/veggie they are serving

S on course- hard boiled egg

S after golf - 1 ice cold beer

handful of handmade chips

D - it will involve beef - and seafood of some description.  As usual I will eat the protein portion first and a few bites of the veg and maybe the starch.  Glass of red wine and maybe a bite of dessert if it is anything lemon or fruit based.  Have inputted 1200 calories - 83 grams of carbs,  45 Grams of fat and 65 grams of protein

Its amazing how the calories add up when you input rich food.  I really cant imagine me eating this much - however you can consume a lot if over a long period of time eating and talking etc.  In past years I have ordered a special dinner but will just see how this goes.

MYFITNESSPAL totals for the above menu are:  Calories - 1,794,  Carbs - 107 Grams,  Fat - 65 Grams,  Progtein - 143 Grams

Heading north early tomorrow for a tournament - have a great weekend.

All water and vits 

Have a great one 

Patm
on 7/23/15 5:47 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Sounds like a lot of fun . Certainly a great day to golf

Karen M.
on 7/23/15 6:40 am - Mississauga, Canada

Have an awesome day on the course, Barb! As I tell you every year regarding this particular tournament, kick some major ass AND I am still available to caddy for you - would be a shame for you to be alone with all those men.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

TanyaLH
on 7/23/15 4:19 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 yrs 1 month post op

steps 15237

Morning ladies,

CC your day sounds like my day with a trip to the pet store with Jasper in tow. And I might hit the gym later this afternoon.

Sadly I agree with all of you on the joint pain....I am getting old.....

What are you ladies up today?

B 2 coffees, 1 egg scrambled w/ mushroom and onions, 1 sl dark rye toast

S homemade Iced coffee w/ GNC Vanilla Bean shake added

L the last of the cauliflower crust pizza

D 1 cup turkey chili

S 1 Source greek yogurt

Be well everyone

Tanya

birdiegirl
on 7/23/15 4:45 am

ok - just drinking the banana shake.  I had to re-check the label to see if I had grabbed the vanilla instead.  Does anyone think they taste just like the vanilla?

Karen M.
on 7/23/15 6:15 am - Mississauga, Canada

I'm drinking a banana one myself at the moment. I think your issue with the GNC shakes is that they're very mildly flavoured. I can definitely taste banana, but it's very creamy. The strawberry one is similar that way. I loved the Swiss chocolate, more so than the Premier chocolate, but as a die hard Premier drinker myself for years I can certainly taste the difference.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Roma
on 7/23/15 8:12 am
RNY on 06/15/15

I agree, it's not too banana-ey. I like it and it tastes pretty good in coffee too.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

ChristineV
on 7/23/15 5:39 pm

I tried the banana flavor on Monday and thought the same.  I wi**** wasn't quite as mild a flavor.

File Transferred:  January 2015, Orientation in Thunder Bay via OTN:  January 26, 2015, One-on-one appointments with Dr. Abu-Bakare and Dietician:  February 13, 2015, Sleep test:  February 22, 2015, One-on-one appointment with Psychologist:  February 23, 2015, OTN appointment with surgeon and surgery booked:  March 5, 2015, Surgery Date:  March 25, 2015

Patm
on 7/23/15 5:54 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. CC I am missing my swimming. Back to the pool next week. I got an e-mail from them and they will be closing the pool for at least a month in the fall. I will have to find something else to do.

Working until 2:30 today them off to Pan am until 9:30. Things are into the semi finals now. I hope to see some of the games tonight. I am putting things into my fitness pal again. Most of my day looks good just not sure about dinner. Most of the food at Varsity has been sauce based so not sure of the calories but probably high. So far I have had Thai pork curry and chicken al a king.

b greek yogurt, banana

l chili, source yogurt

s breton crackers and laughing cow

d ?

s pure protein bar if needed

So Far cal 768, carb 83, prt 72

Most Active
Recent Topics