What are you eating/doing today? (Friday)

crqvingchange
on 7/24/15 2:06 am

Good morning everyone.  Happy Friday.  Once again the weather promises to be gorgeous today.  I am loving this weather with warm sunny days and cooler nights which makes it nicer for sleeping.  Having said all that, I was awake at 4:00 this morning so thought I would get up and start getting things done.

Today it's swimming, and I am going to try a Zumba class after swimming (this could go horribly wrong, please keep me in your thoughts, lol), gardening, cleanup as we have company coming this afternoon.  This evening DH and I might go out and have dinner and maybe listen to some live music.

What is your favourite summertime thing to do?  For me nothing says summer like sitting at a patio and listening to live music (I glass of wine too would be nice if that's in your plan).

1 year post op

B. Large decaf coffee (already down****d protein coffee

S. 1 turkey sausage, 1 egg, 1 tiny sweet red pepper chopped, mix it up and throw it in a cup, microwave for a crustless quiche.

L. Marc Angelo blue cheese and buffalo sauce chicken sausage with avocado and fresh salsa

S. Deli turkey rollup stuffed with artichoke and asiago dip

D. Roasted chicken and fresh salsa

S. Laughing cow jalapeno wedges

MFP totals Calories 1082 Carbs 23, Fat 55, Protein 125

Have a great day everyone.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

TanyaLH
on 7/23/15 8:55 pm, edited 7/24/15 2:49 am - London, Canada
RNY on 05/31/13

2 years 1 month post op

steps 14958

Edited to add my favourite summertime thing...all the fresh local fruits and veggies....so flavourful and fragrant. I also love all the festivals we have in our parks

Morning CC Zumba sounds fun! I am not that coordinated for zumba!

Today is going to be a quiet one for me, blood work this morning, finish the grocery shopping, then wait for DH to get home.

B 1 egg, 2 slices ham , coffee....but I can't have it until blood work is done....

L 3 oz chicken breast, 3 sl tomato,3 sl cucumber

S GNC strawberry w/ more strawberries added to it

D 1 c pea soup 3 crackers

S 1/2 c ff cottage cheese w/ chic peas and sunflower seeds added to it

Be well everyone

Tanya

Karen M.
on 7/24/15 4:03 am - Mississauga, Canada

Tanya, I learned exactly how uncoordinated I am when I took Zumba a few years ago. lol

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Karen M.
on 7/24/15 4:32 am - Mississauga, Canada

Good morning and Happy Friday!

Favourite summertime thing to do? Hmmm.... I agree with sitting on a patio listening to live music (absolutely awesome, of course dependent on how good the band is/isn't) but I would have to say otherwise, I enjoy the more relaxed pace of summer, waking up to sunshine, morning coffee on the patio. :)

CC, enjoy Zumba! Do NOT try to keep up - your first several times are really about learning the various steps/moves - if you can only do the footwork, you're doing well. I took it a few years ago and found it overwhelming, hilarious, extremely fun, exhausting. I would like to try it again now that my health is 100% better - you've inspired me to see when it's offered at the local community centre in the fall. ;)

Last official day of my staycation - it's been a relaxing, peaceful week of sunshine and do-nothing-ness. :)

9 years post-op

- coffee with cream x 4 over the day -

B - GNC Total Lean (banana cream)

S - regular muffin-tin-size crustless quiche with a few shots of Frank's and parm petals

L - baby spinach salad with red onion, bacon, 1 boiled egg, grape tomatoes from the garden (so sweet!) and poppy seed dressing - oh! and some crumbled feta and toasted almonds

S - Chike protein iced coffee

D - 3-4 oz. BBQ chicken breast, more spinach salad

S - not sure yet, probably just coffee/tea

Have a good one,

K. :)

Karen

Patm
on 7/24/15 6:22 am - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

Good morning all. I have tried zumba and loved it. I laughed through the whole thing. I did it with a group who also had never done it. I am going back to swimming today since I have no Pan Am.

Got to watch the Canadian Men's field hockey semi final last night. It was so fast and a lot of fun to watch. I do not know all the rules but still loved it. Canada won on a shoot out. Very tense. My last day at Pan am is Saturday. Hope to see the final games. Especially the one with Canada

Off to Beaches Jazz festival tonight. We will not last long because the crowds get to us. The Fire Hall is almost at the bottom of our street. They usually have a great band every year. There are so many bands you get to hear a lot of different music in a short distance. It has been years since I went all the way along.

My favourite summer time thing is either sitting on the front porch or the backyard with DH listening to music.

b greek yogurt, blackberries

s 1/2 banana with peanut butter

l roasted turkey in salad with balsalmic dressing

s 1/2 banana with PB

d steak, peas, salad

s laughing cow and breton crackers.

cal 1213, crb 84, prot 83

new_me180
on 7/24/15 8:58 am - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Morning all.

My favourite summertime activity is to go shopping at the out door markets. I haven found nice ones close to me but, when i used to live in London, England, that was my favourite thing to do. I just love shopping, period, lol.

I have a terrible cold, caught from work because quite a few people had it. I thought i washed my hand thoroughly all the time, i guess not. It's the annoying kind as well, nose all stuffed up, sore throat and drippy nose. Haven't had a cold in 3 yrs, it was a good run.

CC have fun at zumba, hope you enjoy it. I love zumba and dancing in general. Hope when i get my knee surgery next month, i'll be able to resume all that. Karen glad you enjoyed your vacay and it will be back to craziness next week.

Not feeling to well and this is what i plan to have but, may end up doing soup/tea/coffee instead

B - pumpkin pancake

L - ham and swiss stuffed chicken breast, 1/3 cup cucumbers

S - 1oz mozzarella, pork rinds

D - cabbage, 2oz pork chop

S  - milk, jello

Have a great day all.

Karen M.
on 7/24/15 12:49 pm - Mississauga, Canada

Summer colds suck! Hope you're feeling better soon, Nia :)

Karen

new_me180
on 7/24/15 1:10 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Thank you. Been crappy all day and so far have only had water, jello, chicken soup. Have to work tomorrow :(.

crqvingchange
on 7/24/15 3:18 pm

So sorry that you are feeling under the weather.  Lots of chicken soup and SF popsicles.  

Camden market in London is fantastic.  St. Jacobs market isn't bad for a local market.  I love the Mennonite sausage.  They don't have much that interests me in the way of clothes, I'd rather go to Giant Tiger.

CENTURY CLUB MEMBER at 6 months post-op.

Referral to Guelph Feb/13, Sleep study and all bloodwork and ultrasound May/13, orientation July/13. Nurse, NUT,SW Sept/13, 2nd NUT, nurse and SW, 3rd round and cleared for surgery Dec/13. Pre-op Apr 7/14, Surgeon May 2/14, Opti Jul 3/14, surgery Jul 17/14.

new_me180
on 7/24/15 7:52 pm - Kitchener, Canada
RNY on 10/24/13

Giant tiger don't make me get out of my sick bed CCAny excuse to go and shopping. Just hope i can be ok at work in the morning. At least it's quieter on the weekends.

Camden England, right? I loved it. If it's Camden, ON, would love to go one time.

Most Active
Recent Topics