Fever

TaraB3660
on 8/1/15 6:28 pm

had surgery on Wed. All well since. But tonight I have a low grade fever. Should I be worried?

northernga1
on 8/1/15 7:01 pm - Elliot Lake, Canada

what is your temp?  i know when i was discharged they told me if i got a fever over 37 C to head back into emergency room.  If in doubt dont wait and go and get checked. 

Referral Feb 14 2014; Orientation July 30 2014; 1 on 1's Feb 17, 2015; Pre op May 27 2015; Surgery date June 16, 2015

Roma
on 8/1/15 7:33 pm
RNY on 06/15/15

I was told the same thing post op when i was discharged, if I had a fever to go to the hospital right away.

Referral: 8/14; Orientation TWH: 12/14; Nurse: 01/15; SW, Dietician, Psych: 2/15; Surgeon: 5/15; RNY: June 15/2015

kimber291
on 8/1/15 9:11 pm - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Hi Tara.

Were you at Humber room 528? If so I was your roomie. Just got home late this afternoon.  If not you. I apologize.  Hope your feeling better. 

Kim

TaraB3660
on 8/2/15 1:31 pm

Yes I was. How did you make out?

my fever went away. But today I drank to fast and I had a crippling pain in my side. Is this normal? Hope you are ok. 

MonaLisaSmile
on 8/2/15 3:13 pm - Canada

Hey Tara - glad to hear you are home and doing well now!!  

I didn't have a fever at all that I know of....but in hospital and the first few nights I did have some crazy night sweats.  They only lasted a short time. I felt like it was my body trying to get rid of all the medications inside of me.  As for the pain in the side.... I got those too once and a while.....slightly to the left side....I was never sure if I drank too much, did too much,  or was just healing pains.  They always went away and happened less as the days went on. Take Care. :)

kimber291
on 8/2/15 8:32 am, edited 8/2/15 8:33 am - Port Hope, ON, Canada
RNY on 02/11/14

Glad to hear your fever is gone. Yes the pain is normal if you drink too fast that us why we are supposed to take sips.  Even now at almost 18 months out I still do it and it still hurts. 

I still don't have any answers. The gynecologist was supposed to come and see me Friday after I was sent for an ultrasound Friday morning and he never showed. Dr hagen was pi$$ed. So when he came.into see me yesterday afternoon he told me he would send me.home if I wanted to go...I chose to leave I was so exhausted. After you left..I had quiet for a few hours as the other ladies had left as well. then all hell broke loose that night with a new person. Then Friday night it got worse. I freaked out on the nurses because of the noise...it was rude and the guests of the patient had no respect for the others in the room.

I do have to still see the gynecologist and I have to go back and see Dr Hagen in 2 weeks. Not very impressed with this Dr La Roche and some of the nurses there. My stay when I had my RNY was much better. That hospital has definitely gone down hill in the last 18 months. So dirty in there. I couldn't believe it. 

Anyway..enough of my rant. Hope your doing well. Are you home now or still in the city?

Kim

Referral - Oct 29/13

Info Session - Nov 18/13...1st surgeon appt - Nov 26/13...RN/SW/RD - Dec - 4/13...Dr.Glazer - Jan 8/14...2nd Surgeon appt - Jan 22/14 PATTS - Jan 29/14...

SURGERY!!!! FEBRUARY 11th 2014.

TaraB3660
on 8/3/15 4:43 pm

Rant away! I was very disgusted with the hospital, it was filthy. The nurses never even cleaned me when I was bleeding. Nor did she wash her hand or wear gloves, just took the bloody bandages off and put new ones over the other blood. Left me in my bloodied gown and bloody bedsheets. And that was more then one nurse. And loud OMG, the night shift sounded like a party, yelling at each other through the halls and lol. I was dumbfounded. The lady that snored all I asked was could they roll her on her side, she was beyond loud. The nurse snapped at me that she couldn't help it. My experience with the team was great, however that hospital was beyond anything I have ever seen. Also I was 4 hours over my pain meds and had paged 5 times telling a number on nurses my level was an 8. All I got was we will let your nurse know. Man it was just sad. I am better. Yesterday felt good all day then around dinner fever popped up again. Took Tylenol gone, never came back. If my experience wasn't so bad with that hospital I wouldn't have hesitated to have gone back. But I kept thinking of you in pain and nobody doing jack **** and thought it won't be any different for me. I hope you get some answers. I am glad you are home, as am I. I love our little towns, life is easier!  And for anyone who is reading this, this is solely my experience with the hospital, not a reflection of the bariatric team, what they gave me was a gift. Keep in touch Kim. Wish you well 😀

Most Active
Recent Topics